They’re baaaack! After a very long hiatus, and many requests for their return, I thought it was about time to bring back the nail tutorials. Today I’m sharing a Gold Foiled Nail Tutorial that only looks like a million bucks.
Before you start judging this manicure as difficult, hear me out for a second. The beauty of this manicure is that there is absolutely no artistic abilities, nail-art talent, or even plan needed to achieve this gilded look. Just a few simple coats of your favorite nail polish, the scraps at the bottom of your bag of gold leaf, and a top coat. It’s really as simple as that, I promise!
Here’s what you need to get started:
Gold foil-available at your local craft store. Note: I used the little scraps in the bottom of my bag of gold foil. Small pieces are much easier to work with!
Nail Polish- I used Essie, Muchi Muchi.
1. Paint two coats of nail polish onto nails allowing to dry almost completely.
2. While polish is still partially wet, place small flecks of gold foil onto nails using tweezers and pressing flat with your finger. Note: if nails are too dry apply another thin coat of polish.
3. Gently rub foil with your finger to flatten. Note: if the polish is only slightly sticky you should be able to rub gently to smooth the foil down. Make sure polish is not too wet or it will smudge.
4. Continue on all fingers. Note: Don’t worry about creating any sort of pattern. Random foil placement is best!
5. Apply a top coat to seal.
6. Voila! Gold Foiled Nails.
photos by Leah Bergman