Love them or hate them, smoothie bowls are delicious. On one hand, it’s strange to eat smoothies served in a bowl instead of a glass with a straw. On the other hand I love that it allows for toppings to be piled on top! These Matcha Smoothie Bowls are packed with spinach, mango and matcha green tea and topped with coconut, bee pollen and plenty of fruit…not the smoothies I make daily for the twins.
In a blender I combine frozen mango and frozen banana to make sure it’s extra creamy, a big handful of spinach, unsweetened almond milk and a couple of teaspoons of matcha green tea powder. You can add as much or as little as you like but I add 1 tsp per bowl. If you are looking for a caffeine boost, you can add more.
Once the smoothie is blended and smooth, it’s time for the toppings. Shredded coconut and kiwi are really delicious with the matcha as well as blueberries and blackberries. I sprinkle on chia seeds and bee pollen to pack in as much nutrients as possible. Coconut granola is also delicious with this bowl. Breakfast is served!
If you are making these bowls for kids, leave out the matcha powder, simple!
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 frozen bananas
- handful fresh spinach
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- sliced kiwi
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- bee pollen (optional)
- chia seeds
- In a blender combine mango, bananas, spinach, milk and matcha. Blend until smooth and adjust consistency if desired by adding more milk or ice if needed. Make sure it's thick enough to eat with a spoon if you are serving it in bowls.
- Pour into two bowls and top blueberries, blackberries, sliced kiwi and a sprinkle of coconut, chia and bee pollen. Eat and enjoy!