Before I tell you about the a-mazingly delicious shakes I made this weekend, let me first tell you the difference between men and women. Jason is lactose intolerant but loves ice cream, cream in his coffee, and all other milky things. Poor guy, I’ve outed him and his sensitivities more times than I can count here on the blog. You’d think that the way dairy makes him feel would have him running for the hills, but no! Nothing stops him…nothing I tell you.
Now, if that were me with the lactose intolerance, you’d better believe I would make a few lifestyle changes for my own comfort. Like I said, that’s the difference between men and women, and for the record I consider that a big, big difference. Anyway, for my own sake I have managed to switch his daily bowl of milk & cereal to a bowl of Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almondmilk and cereal. Even Jason will admit it makes a big difference in the way he feels. Success!
It’s the small successes in life that make me the happiest. Like making dairy free Mint-Chocolate Cookie Shakes over the weekend in hopes of beating the random 90 degree winter heat wave and satisfying a sweet tooth all at the same time.
The shake was simple, like any good milk shake should be, just Almond Breeze Almondmilk, non-dairy ice cream (I prefer coconut based), crushed up Girl Scout cookies, a touch of mint extract and blend. No one seemed to mind the lack of dairy as they (and I mean he) gulped it down before I could even pass a straw. Yes, success was mine and it’s name was Mint-Chocolate Cookie Shake. I’ll be making this one again and again. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk however the recipe and all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support Freutcake!
- 6 scoops of your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 6 mint chocolate cookies
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring, optional
- garnish: crushed cookies, whipped cream and fresh mint
- In a blender combine ice cream, Almond Breeze Almondmilk, cookies, mint extract and (optional) food coloring.
- Blend until smooth or leave slightly chunky if you like bits of cookie in your milk shakes.
- Pour into two serving glasses and garnish with whipped cream or dairy free whip topping, cookie crumbs and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.