I’ve always loved Valentine’s Day! I think of it as a day to spend wearing red, eating chocolate, and celebrating the people and things you love most…including yourself. Hey, if I were a single lady, you better BELIEVE I’d be spoiling myself with a spa day or something else fabulous and relaxing. Isn’t it funny how you think of these daydreams after having children? I mean picture this: spa, chocolate, nap…um, yes please!
My partner DOVE Chocolate is all about spreading the message of self love this Valentine’s Day, well that and chocolate of course! A very good reminder for a Mom like me. So, I’m making myself homemade Salted Chocolate Truffles with DOVE® Dark Chocolate PROMISES.
The smooth and creamy ganache center is absolutely decadent and the perfect way to say “I love you” to yourself in chocolate. You see, Jason isn’t a truffle man so these are a little treat that I enjoy and a great way to spoil myself.
Dipped in more melted DOVE Dark Chocolate and sprinkled with flaked sea salt, or rolled in chocolate sprinkles, these truffles are delightfully easy to make.
I tuck them into little individual paper cups so that they look straight out of a chocolate shop and they are beautifully finished. Now the only thing left to do is to take a bite of the fudgy deliciousness. These truffles will have you feeling the love alright!
I hope you will treat yourself this Valentine’s Day and make a batch! DOVE Chocolate and I would like to know, how do you #ChoosePleasure? Do you have any fun or relaxing plans for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DOVE Chocolate however all opinions are my own. Be sure to stop by my partner @DoveChocolateOfficial’s new Instagram for inspirational messages, delicious recipes and more! Thank you for supporting the sponsors who keep Freutcake delicious!
- 2-8.87 oz. Bag DOVE® Dark Chocolate PROMISES, divided
- ⅔ cup Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- pinch Pinch of sea salt
- Maldon flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Chocolate sprinkles for rolling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Finely chop 1 entire bag’s worth of DOVE® Dark Chocolate PROMISES (8.87 oz. total) and place in a heat proof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. Watch carefully as you do not want to boil the cream. Once it is hot, steaming, and simmering, carefully pour over your chopped chocolate.
- Add in the pinch of sea salt and whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Next, whisk in room temperature butter until glossy and completely combined.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a shallow dish and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until ganache is firm but scoopable.
- Meanwhile chop about 1 cup of additional DOVE® Dark Chocolate PROMISES and place in a microwave proof bowl. When you are ready to dip your truffles, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals stirring each time until smooth.
- When chocolate is firm enough to scoop, use a small spring loaded ice cream scoop to portion out 1-inch balls. You may need to scoop and then quickly roll between your hands to form even balls. Tip: Make sure your hands are cool and work quickly to prevent too much melting.
- Roll truffles in chocolate sprinkles or dip them with a fork into melted chocolate and place on your parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle dipped truffles with Maldon flaked sea salt and allow to firm up completely before serving.
- Storage: Truffles can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.