I have it first hand that Santa doesn’t want cookies this year, he wants fudge. Chewy, rich fudge filled with buttery pecans and piled high by the Christmas tree…his words, not mine.
And if you chose to grant all of Santa’s wishes, you’ll of course need a recipe for the Easiest Chocolate Pecan Fudge ever! Because no one has time for the old-timey method just two days before Christmas.
Take my advice however and made a second batch! This fudge whips up in 5 minutes so why not make more? It’s perfect for last minute gifting or late night Christmas Eve snacking while you wait for the big man.
- 2 cups (12 oz pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a heavy-duty sauce pan combine chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- Melt over the lowest heat possible stirring constantly.
- When chocolate and milk are completely melted and smooth, remove from heat and immediately stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift foil out of the pan and remove from fudge.
- Cut fudge into squares and serve.
- Use good quality chocolate for this fudge. My favorite is Ghirardelli!
photos by Leah Bergman