Oh me, oh my, there are few desserts I love more than key lime pie! It’s about time I turned one of my favorite slices of creamy pie goodness into a frozen treat, don’t you think? If you caught last week’s frozen recipe for Mexican Chocolate Paletas, then you know that I have been working on developing a whole bunch of tasty frozen treats for Almond Breeze using their almond milk. I know, it’s a really tough job I have over here! Ice Pop party anyone?
As I was dreaming up my favorite frozen treat recipes, I knew without a doubt that Key Lime Pie would be perfection frozen into ice pop form. Tart limes mixed with creamy almond milk and yogurt, sweetened with powdered sugar and dipped in graham crackers for a “crust.” It really doesn’t get better than that. And because these pops are made with almond milk, they are dairy free and way more guilt-free than a traditional slice of key lime pie. Key limes not in season where you live? No problemo! Just sub out regular limes, they work like a charm and still give that delicious flavor. Happy freezing!
photos by Leah Bergman
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. For more of the recipes I created for Almond Breeze, visit their Facebook Page. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to continue creating new content for Freutcake!
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup almond or dairy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- graham cracker crumbs- for dipping
- In a bowl, whisk together almond milk, lime juice, lime zest, yogurt and powdered sugar.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Quickly run molds under warm water just to loosen.
- Immediately dip in graham cracker crumbs and either serve or freeze on a cookie sheet to serve later.
- * Using non-dairy yogurt would make this recipe completely dairy free.
- * If you are using key limes, increase the zest to 4 limes worth.