You know it’s a good day when you’re eating a bowl of Pineapples Foster over vanilla ice cream and giving away a set of Le Creuset cookware! Yes, two of my favorite things are all wrapped up in this one post and I’m pretty excited about it.
For years, I have loved Le Creuset cookware. Their dutch oven is a staple kitchen item that lasts a lifetime and always gets put to good use. When Le Creuset asked if I would share their newest color of cookware, Palm, and give away a couple of pieces to one Freutcake reader, I was more than happy to oblige!
Any good giveaway of cookware should really have a recipe to accompany it, am I right? The new color Palm is a lush green inspired by the fringe of palm fronds so a tropical recipe like caramelized pineapples with dark rum caramel seemed very appropriate. (Plus I really just wanted an excuse to make and eat this recipe.)
Bananas Foster is an old favorite combining bananas, sugar, butter and rum but have you ever tried Pineapples Foster? Pineapple spears coated in sugar and browned in a skilled of butter then finished off with dark rum make a carmelized, sweet, and tropical dessert perfect for topping vanilla ice cream.
It tastes like an island vacation and makes your whole kitchen smell like sweet pineapple-caramel sauce. There is nothing, I mean nothing, wrong with that.
But enough about this dreamy island dessert, let’s get back to the giveaway! Le Creuset is generously giving away their Signature Skillet and a 3.5 qt Round French Oven both in Palm to one winner.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Follow Freutcake & Le Creuset on Instagram.
2. Check out Le Creuset’s new color Palm and leave a comment on this post telling us what you would make in your new cookware.
3. Bonus: For an extra entry share this giveaway on Instagram “I want to win this @freutcake & @lecreuset cookware giveaway! #freutcakegiveaway”
Note: This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Tabitha Blue!
Oh, and don’t forget to try my recipe for Pineapples Foster, you’ll be glad you did!
Photos by Leah Bergman
1- Pineapple peeled, cored and cut into spears
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs dark rum
pinch of salt
vanilla ice cream
1. In a heavy bottom skillet, melt butter on high heat.
2. Prepare pineapple and dip all sides of each spear in granulated sugar. Add pineapple to the pan and allow to caramelize turning once (about 7-10 minutes) or until pineapple is soft and sugar is beginning to brown. Shake the pan frequently to prevent burning.
3. Remove pineapple from the pan, turn off the heat and add in rum. Return to heat and cook an additional couple of minutes until caramel sauce is thick. Season with a pinch of salt.
4. Serve pineapple spears over vanilla ice cream and drizzle with rum-caramel sauce. Enjoy!