What in the world is a mostarda?! Well to tell you the truth I didn’t know myself until Adriana from Urban Palate taught me how to make this simple fruit mustard in today’s summer video. I can’t begin to describe how delicious this White Nectarine Mostarda is served over a grilled pork chop but it would be equally as delicious over your favorite fish, chicken, or served along side a cheese plate! Let’s get grilling shall we?
White Nectarine Mostarda
7-8 white nectarines
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1. Cut 7-8 nectarines into thin half moons and set aside.
2. finely dice shallot and sauté in extra virgin olive oil until softened.
3. Add brown sugar, nectarines, yellow mustard seeds, and dijon mustard to the pan.
4. Cook until syrup-y, about 15 minutes.
5. Enjoy on your favorite protein or cheese plate!
Filmed & Edited by Wade!