“I’ve been drinking, I’ve been drinking”…frozen Watermelon Margaritas all month long, and I think Queen B would approve.
I know what you’re thinking, it’s still winter and these cocktails are frozen! Well, I say crank that heater, get out the blender, and cuddle up with your love. You won’t be cold for long!
The only secret to making these watermelon margaritas absolutely perfect is fresh watermelon. Make sure to pick up the ripest most flavorful watermelon you can possibly find. If your grocery store is lacking in the watermelon department, you could always throw in a couple of strawberries to boost the flavor. Just don’t tell Beyonce. Happy weekend!
- 4 cups cubed ripe watermelon
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1-2 Tbsp powdered sugar, to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups ice
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- watermelon hearts for garnish, optional
- sea salt mixed with pink sanding sugar for garnish, optional
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until slushy consistency.
- Pour into glasses rimmed with salt & sugar mixture.
- Garnish with either fresh mint and watermelon or lime.
- Cut out small watermelon hearts with a cookie cutter for extra Valentine's Day flare.
photos by Leah Bergman