Breakfast in Bed #Choiceisyours
Jason and I both have completely different sleep styles. He sleeps on his back while I sleep on my stomach. Jason snores, I don’t…at least that’s what I claim. I like to sleep in and Jason is an early riser. We couldn’t be more different! One thing we have in common, we could both use a bit more sleep. (Who couldn’t?) On the occasional Saturday morning when we don’t have somewhere to be, I love to stay in bed as long as humanly possible. Sometimes I try to get Jason to do the same with the lure of Breakfast in Bed. Last weekend I made him Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup, one of his very favorites!
Since breakfast in bed and sleep are really two of the most wonderful things in the world, I’m teaming up with Tempur-Pedic to announce their newest collection of mattresses, the TEMPUR-Choice™. The TEMPUR-Choice™ mattress has adjustable zones so each of you can adjust the feel and support to fit your own comfort and get your best night’s sleep. Together.
And I’m excited to say that Tempur-Pedic is giving away one of their mattresses as well as a personal design consultation with Grace Bonney of Design Sponge to one reader on Pinterest! Does that give you something to dream about? You can check out my Pinterest board entry here and more info on the entire giveaway right here.
But before you scamper off to enter the giveaway yourself…make sure to pin, print or save this recipe for breakfast in bed. Eating these light and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes will be your new favorite way to spend a Saturday morning!
Mini Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for coating the frying pan and serving
1 cup whole milk
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon fine salt
3 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon packed finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
Powdered sugar and blueberry syrup
1. Place butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until butter has melted; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk in a quarter of the milk-butter mixture, then whisk in the remaining milk-butter mixture until smooth.
3. Add the reserved flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not overmix); set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks adding the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon salt halfway through. Using the rubber spatula, fold the whites into the reserved batter until just combined.
5.Gently fold the ricotta into the batter, being careful not to break down the texture of the cheese (the batter will be lumpy and streaked with ricotta); set aside.
6. Heat a large nonstick frying pan, medium-low heat until hot. Lightly coat the pan’s surface with butter, then use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to measure batter into the pan. (I make these mini but you can make regular sized pancakes if you desire)
7. Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes, about 1 minute before flipping. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 1 minute more. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Blueberry Maple Syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1. Put the syrup and blueberries into a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Let bubble for 2 to 3 minutes, and then pour into a jug and serve with Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic. I participated in this post on behalf of Burst Media. I was compensated for my time and commitment, but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to continue creating new content for Freutcake!
Latest posts by Leah Bergman (see all)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins + Printable Recipe Cards - December 3, 2013
- Trim the Tree with Four Homemade Garlands - December 2, 2013
- Browned Butter Sage Crostini - November 27, 2013