What should we call this cocktail? The Plymouth Mule? The American Mule? How about Cranberry Mules? Whatever you call it think of this cocktail as the Moscow Mule’s sweeter and more festive cousin. The perfect drink for Thanksgiving!
Last weekend we celebrated a very early Thanksgiving at my sister’s house with out-of-town family and I brought the cocktails! Moscow Mules are one of my family’s favorite drinks so I thought I’d put a Thanksgiving spin on the classic by adding in a few scoops of my homemade cranberry sauce and a cinnamon stir-stick.
And since you’re pretty much guaranteed to have cranberry sauce on your Thanksgiving menu, you only need a few additional ingredients to make these cocktail. These mules were such a hit with my family that I’m sure I’ll be making them again for Christmas!
So, what is your favorite holiday cocktail?
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 6 oz ginger beer
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- juice on 1/2 lime
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- In a copper mule mug combine cranberry sauce, lime juice and vodka. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in ginger beer and fill mug with ice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stir stick, additional lime slice and a few fresh cranberries (optional).
- Make these mules non-alcoholic by omitting the vodka.