This ginger and white chocolate martini with a frosting rim is a deliciously festive dessert martini that tastes just like sipping on a gingerbread cookie.
Frosted Gingerbread Martini
If you are looking for a special occasion cocktail to make this holiday season, I have you covered with my Frosted Gingerbread Martini. Ginger liqueur, vodka, white chocolate liqueur, ginger syrup and of course a rim of frosting and sprinkles. This dessert martini brings about the flavors of a holiday cookie with every sip.
Perfect for a Christmas party, girls night in decorating the tree, or any holiday get togethers where a specialty drink is needed.
Ingredients in a Gingerbread Martini
- Vodka - I used regular vodka but you can use vanilla vodka if you prefer. Note: The liqueurs make this cocktail sweet so I didn't feel the need to add vanilla vodka which makes the cocktail even sweeter.
- Ginger Liqueur - I use Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur which has a delicious spicy real ginger flavor.
- White Chocolate Cream Liqueur - there are quite a few brands of white chocolate liqueur but I use Mozart White Chocolate Liqueur. It's creamy and delicious!
- Ginger Syrup - this ginger flavored simple syrup really drives home the gingerbread flavor. I like Real brand ginger syrup for cocktails.
- Cinnamon - just a couple of dashes for ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla Frosting - to rim the glass
- Sprinkles - also for the rim
- Mini Gingerbread Men cookies - optional, for garnish
Note: This cocktail does call for specialty ingredients but it's worth the shopping trip to BevMo or Total Wine & More if you are planning a special occasion! You can find all of these ingredients at either of these retailers.
How to Make a Gingerbread Martini
- Rim the Glass: dip the edge of a martini coupe in vanilla frosting, then in non pareil sprinkles.
- Combine: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, liqueurs, ginger syrup and cinnamon.
- Shake: Shake until really well chilled and your cocktail shaker has become frosted on the outside. This is the sign it's well chilled.
- Pour: Pour into the prepared cocktail glass and serve.
Rimmed with vanilla frosting, sprinkles, and tiny gingerbread man for garnish, this cocktail is definitely dessert! But don’t be fooled by that sweet icing smile…this cocktail packs a holiday punch.
More Holiday Cocktails to Make:
- Peppermint Mules
- Christmas Old Fashioned
- Frozen Pomegranate Orange Margarita
- Peppermint White Christmas
- Santa's Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Cranberry Gin Fizz
*Original recipe posted December 2014, revised and reposted November 2023 with updated recipe and photos.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz ginger liqueur
- 1 oz white chocolate cream liqueur
- 1 oz ginger syrup (see notes)
- dash of cinnamon
- vanilla frosting, for garnish
- sprinkles, for garnish
- mini gingerbread men, for garnish
- Dip martini glass in frosting to coat the rim and then dip in
nonpareils. Set glass aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine vodka, ginger liqueur, white chocolate cream liqueur, ginger syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. Shake vigorously until well chilled.
- Pour into prepared glass and serve.
All of these ingredients can be found at BevMo or Total Wine & More! Read the notes in the blog post under "Ingredients" for specific brand names I use for all of these alcohols.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 883Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 2gSugar: 67gProtein: 7g