Happy Friday! Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year or attending? Well if you are on bird duty it’s officially time to start planning out your Thanksgiving menu. Cranberry Spice Margaritas are the perfect non-traditional cocktail to pair with your holiday meal. If you happen to live in California like I do, or anywhere else that has forgot that fall should equal cool weather, then this might just be the cool refreshing drink you’ve been looking for…
A spiced sweet and salty rim, fresh cranberry sauce, tequila, lime and orange all shaken and garnished with a sprig of fresh sage. It’s Thanksgiving in a glass, and I’m digging it.
Make a whole pitcher of margaritas and chill in your fridge ahead of time. That way all you’ll need to do is pour into ice filled, prepared cocktail glasses and serve. No individual cocktail making needed! After all, you’ve got a bird to be basting, or watching, or bites of stuffing to be sneaking…something like that.
If you plan to make homemade cranberry sauce (here’s my favorite recipe) simply double it and you’ll have plenty for serving and for cocktail making. Or make the 3 ingredient sauce in the recipe below. After all, you can never have enough cranberry sauce! Sip, sip, enjoy this Thanksgiving margarita!
- 2 Tablespoons homemade cranberry sauce, plus more for the glass
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- fresh sage for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Make the cranberry sauce: Combine water, sugar and cranberries in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer about 10 minutes until cranberries pop and turn to a jelly. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- On a small plate mix pumpkin pie spice, sugar and salt. Rub lime wedges around rim of cocktail glass and dip in the spice mixture. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cranberry sauce, tequila, orange juice, lime juice and ice. Shake until chilled. Pour into prepared glass. Garnish with fresh cranberries and a sprig of sage. Add another scoop of cranberry sauce if desired!
- Multiply per number of guests and make a large pitcher ahead of time! When ready to serve, pour into individual glasses.