Baked Brie with honey, fig jam, and fresh figs is an easy but elegant appetizer served with baguette slices and crackers. Perfect for serving as a shared appetizer before Thanksgiving dinner.
Fig and Honey Baked Brie
Baked brie with honey is undeniably one of the most delicious appetizers. The melty, gooey and ripe brie with the sweet honey compliment each other like no other. Add fresh figs, fig jam, pecans and herbs and you have yourself a truly over-the-top combination.
Today I'm joining my Tastes of the Season friends to share our Thanksgiving appetizer recipes with you! Keep reading to see all of the recipes we are sharing...obviously, I am bringing the baked brie.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Brie
- Brie - I recommend triple cream brie because it is the creamiest brie cheese and melts really nicely!
- Figs - Use fresh, firm figs for chopping and topping the brie.
- Fig Jam - This is spread over the brie just before baking to add a deep sweetness and fig flavor.
- Honey - Drizzled over the figs and baked.
- Pecans - For garnish and to add a bit of crunch to the brie.
- Herbs - Fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
How to Make Baked Brie:
- Preheat the oven and place wheel of brie on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread brie with fig jam.
- Top with chopped figs.
- Drizzle with honey and season with a pinch of coarse salt.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and figs are softened.
6. Top with nuts and chopped herbs.
7. Serve hot with crackers and baguette for dipping.
What to Serve with Baked Brie
The beauty of baked brie is the simplicity so why complicate it with more than toasted baguettes and a rustic cracker? I like serving with more honey for drizzling and a few fresh figs. Alternately you can add sliced apples to to the board for a dipping.
This really is the easiest appetizer to whip together and it looks far more impressive than it is difficult to make. Another delicious way to bake brie is in puff pastry. It takes a bit more effort but if you are looking for more ways to prepare baked brie, I recommend trying my Salted Caramel Apple Brie.
Tastes of the Season: Thanksgiving Appetizers
Before you go, here is a look at all of my friend's Thanksgiving appetizers. From sweet potato bites to mini pumpkin cheese balls, there really is something for ever Thanksgiving gathering.
- 1 (8 oz) wheel triple cream brie
- 1 Tbsp fig jam
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup chopped figs
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of Kosher Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap brie and place on a parchment lined
- Spread brie with 1 Tablespoon of fig jam
- Dice figs into small bite sized pieces.
- Place figs on top of brie wheel and drizzle with
- Sprinkle with just a pinch of Kosher sea salt.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until the brie is
- Top with chopped pecans and herbs.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices and crackers.
Firm figs work better for this recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g