Today I am excited to be joining my Tastes of the Season friends once again to share our favorite pumpkin recipes for fall. At the end of this post I will be sharing the other pumpkin recipes from my blogger friends. I know you will love them all!
There are tons of variation of pumpkin dip floating around the internet and written on the recipe cards of family members. The version that my family makes is this pumpkin pie dip with cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin puree, confectioners sugar and pumpkin pie spices.
This dip tastes like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake were blended into a luscious dip.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
I first posted this recipe back in 2011, a little less than a year after I started this blog, and it's still a favorite today. I love this dip because it's a great make-ahead dessert that you can serve straight from the fridge as the center for a dessert board.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin - canned pumpkin puree.
- Sour Cream - this gives a subtle tart quality to the dip, similar to a cheesecake!
- Cream Cheese - gives this dip a rich and creamy flavor.
- Powdered Sugar - to sweeten and to slightly thicken the pumpkin dip.
- Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree and sour cream and beat until combined.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
How to Serve Pumpkin Dip
Serving this pumpkin dessert dip in a hollowed out pumpkin is such a fun way to dress up such a simple dip. I recommend sugar pie pumpkins for making pumpkin bowls because they are easy to carve and the perfect size to hold this dip.
Slice off the top of the pumpkin, scoop out the insides until clean, and fill with the dip.
This dip whips up in a flash and is creamy heaven scooped up with spicy store-bought ginger snaps. Of course you could always make your own cookies if you are so inclined but personally I like the fact that this dip takes all of 5 minutes to make. No baking required.
This dip is the perfect sweet treat to serve on Halloween night, Thanksgiving or really anytime the craving for sweet pumpkin pie flavors strike, all fall long. I hope you will try this dip and enjoy it as much as my family does!
Tastes of the Season: Pumpkin Recipes
Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Ella Claire & Co. | Pumpkin Dip by Freutcake | Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars by Inspired by Charm
Spiced Pumpkin Loaf Cake by Handmade Farmhouse | GF/DF Pumpkin Scones by Zevy Joy | Pumpkin Waffles & Pumpkin Spice Butter by French Country Cottage
More Pumpkin Recipes to Love:
- My Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Maple French Toast
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Gooey Pumpkin Oat Bars
- The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Crumb Loaf
- Mini Pumpkin Sweet Rolls
Pumpkin dip made with cream cheese, sour cream, and pie spices makes a delicious dessert dip served with sliced apples and gingersnap cookies.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- salted caramel sauce, optional for drizzling on top
- gingersnap cookies, for dipping
- apple slices, for dipping
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and ginger until well blended.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away. Serve in a bowl, or hollowed out sugar pie pumpkin with gingersnaps and apples for dipping.
- For a thicker dip, add a second package of cream cheese.
- Drizzle with homemade salted caramel sauce for an extra delicious finish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 45gProtein: 2g
Where did you find those maple leaf/cream filling cookies? They are adorable. Thank you.
Could you tell me where to find the cream filled leaf cookies in the pictures? Thank you.
Leah Bergman says
Hi Candice, I found them at Trader Joe's!