Easy Thanksgiving appetizers are necessary when it comes to cutting down prep time for the big day! Over the weekend I posted my recipe for homemade cranberry sauce and that had me thinking, how delicious (and easy) would a crostini of blue cheese, mascarpone, cranberry sauce and fresh orange zest be? The answer, very delicious.
After making your cranberry sauce, set aside a small amount for these Blue Cheese & Cranberry Crostini. You can whip up the cheese mixture a few days ahead so prep-time is almost non existent. Guests will love these festive and savory pre-turkey bites.
photos by Leah Bergman
- 1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz mascarpone
- ciabatta loaf
- olive oil for drizzling
- cranberry sauce
- zest of 1 orange
- Slice ciabatta into 1/2 inch slices, brush both sides with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Toast under the broiler turning after 1 minute (or when golden) to toast both sides.
- In a bowl combine crumbled blue cheese and mascarpone cheese. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Spread blue cheese mixture onto each warm crostini and top with a dollop of cranberry sauce.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh orange zest. Serve immediately.
- The cheese mixture is easiest to mix and spread if you bring the cheese slightly to room temp.