Looking for a thoughtful gift to show Mom how much you love her this Mother’s Day? Why not throw a little tea party for two? A few tea sandwiches, a round of scones and this box of personalized tea bags are sure to make her feel loved and appreciated!
To make this tea gift set, you will need:
Box with a lid (our acrylic box is from The Container Store)
Empty Tea Bags (we found ours in a big box at Peet’s)
Loose Leaf Tea (ours is from various places like our favorite coffee shops & the market).
Printer & Paper
Custom Tea Tags - download here
Here’s how to make the tea bags:
1. This is optional, but because I wanted my bags to be a bit slimmer, I trimmed the edges with scissors, being careful not to cut past the sealed portion. Before folding the bag, it is also helpful to cut off the top about 2.25 inches.
2. Next, fold the top third of the tea bag & make a firm crease.
3. Fold both of the top corners in, lining up the edges along the line of the crease to create a triangle.
4. Fold the tip of the triangle down about halfway & crease firmly. You will have a little “envelope” shape!
5. Next, print out & cut all of the tea tags. Be sure to fold the tags in half (along the grey dashes). Cut your string about 7.75-8inches.
6. Fill your bags with different loose leaf teas! Be sure to label the tea types on the blank side of your tags.
7. Using a stapler, attach one end of your string underneath the “envelope flap” on your tea bag. On the other end of your string, attach the to the inside of the crease in your tag with a small dot of glue.
8. Wrap the string around the bag, ending at the top, and fold over the tag so that all of the labels face the same direction.
Styled photos by Leah Bergman / Step photos by Marisa Mangum