Spicy Bloody Mary Cocktails served with a chili coated rim and loaded with garnishes, make for a perfectly creepy Halloween Cocktail. A floater of black vodka is the finishing touch to this frightening drink.
Spicy Halloween Bloody Mary
My favorite short cut to making delicious Bloody Mary's at home, is to use Agalima Organic Bloody Mary Mix. This mixer has such a delicious savory flavor with plenty of fresh horseradish and roma tomato flavor. I love that the ingredients are high-quality and organic and all you need to add is a shot of your favorite vodka and a few dashes of hot sauce.
The smoky quality of the chipotle peppers in this mixer make it the perfect base for a Spicy Bloody Mary!
Ingredients in a Spicy Bloody Mary
- Agalima Organic Bloody Mary Mix - everything you need for a homemade Bloody Mary in one bottle.
- Black Vodka - you can find black vodka at specialty liquor stores or make your own.
- Chipotle Tabasco - this adds a great smoky and spicy flavor to the drinks.
- Tajin - this spicy and salty chili seasoning makes a perfect savory rim.
* Keep reading for all of the best garnishes!
Bloody Mary Garnish
From spicy and sweet candied bacon to hot peppers and even a candy eyeballs, these garnishes take our Halloween Spicy Bloody Mary over the top, and really bring the Halloween vibes.
- Candied Bacon
- Little Smokies
- Hot Peppers
- Gummy Eyeball Candies
- Celery Sticks
Other garnish ideas:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cheese cubes
- Green Olives
To candy the bacon, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out as many pieces of thick cut bacon as you need for your cocktails. This number will depend on how many you wish to make. I recommend making extra.
Sprinkle bacon generously on both sides with brown sugar and chili flakes. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until crisp, turning once during cooking. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before using as garnish.
How to Make a Spicy Bloody Mary
Start by rimming a cocktail glass with Tajin. The best way to do this is to rub a slice of lime around the rim and then dip the rim into the seasoning. I prefer to only rim one side of the glass but you can do it however you like.
Next, fill the glass with ice and add the Agalima Organic Bloody Mary Mix.
Agalima really does make the best Bloody Mary Mix! It's delicious with or without alcohol for anyone celebrating without the booze this Halloween.
Add a few (or a lot) of dashes of your favorite hot sauce. Agalima already has a bit of a kick to it but I like to take it up a notch with even more heat.
Finally, pour in a shot of your favorite vodka. For these Halloween drinks, I used black vodka to give it this eerie layered look. Black vodka can easily be made by adding food coloring to vodka or you can find it at specialty liquor stores.
Note: This drink will taste just as delicious with regular old vodka if you can't get your hands on black vodka and don't want to use food coloring.
Time for the garnish! Skewer a cocktail sausage, hot pepper, gummy eyeball, or any of your favorite Bloody Mary garnishes, and lay across the top of the glass. Add a piece of spicy candied bacon and a celery stick to finish it off.
Agalima makes one frightfully good Bloody Mary! I hope you will give this cocktail a try, and don't forget the garnishes. Happy Halloween!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Agalima, a brand of products I love to use for my cocktails.
- 2 oz. black vodka
- 5-6 oz. Agalima Bloody Mary Mix
- ½ lb thick cut bacon
- brown sugar
- red chili flakes
- candied bacon
- gummy eyeball candies
- pickled hot peppers
- cocktail sausages
Candy the Bacon:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out as many pieces of bacon as you need for cocktails. Sprinkle both sides generously with brown sugar.
- Season with red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until crisp, turning once during cooking. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before using as garnish.
1. Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
2. Add 5-6 oz Agalima Bloody Mary Mix
3. Add 3-4 dashes of hot sauce (more or less to taste) and stir.
4. Top with 2 oz black vodka.
5. Garnish with celery stick, candied bacon, and cocktail skewer with cocktail sausage, gummy eyeball and hot pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1824Total Fat: 104gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 5376mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 5gSugar: 40gProtein: 91g
This does not take into account that the bacon is for multiple servings of cocktails.