A sweet and tart blackberry margarita made with blackberry jam and fresh berries, shaken and served with a sweet and salty rim and a sprig of rosemary are the perfect Halloween Witches Brew Cocktail.
Witches Brew Blackberry Margarita
One of my all-time favorite recipes, and the most popular on my blog, is my Jam Jar Margarita. It's a great way to switch up the flavor of a margarita fast and use whatever flavor of jam you have in the fridge.
This Witches Brew Blackberry Margarita is essentially my jam jar marg but make it Halloween.
I usually use Cointreau orange liqueur in my margaritas but I chose to substitute Chambord for even more berry flavor and wow is it delicious! That added splash of raspberry liqueur really elevates the flavor of the fresh smashed blackberries and blackberry jam in this drink.
Blackberry Margarita Ingredients
- Tequila - I enjoy a good pure agave Reposado tequila in my margaritas so that is what I recommend trying for this cocktail.
- Chambord - a raspberry liqueur that adds another delicious layer of berry flavor.
- Fresh Blackberries - muddled in the glass add flavor and a deep berry color.
- Blackberry Preserves - Bonne Maman makes the most delicious jams and preserves and the bonus is you can keep the pretty jars for future drink shaking and margarita serving.
- Lime - fresh squeezed lime juice. It's not a margarita without it.
- Rosemary - for garnish.
How to Make a Blackberry Margarita
- Muddle fresh blackberries in a cocktail shaker or jar.
- Add a scoop of blackberry jam.
- Add in tequila, Chambord, and lime juice.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake until well chilled
- Serve in a rimmed glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with more blackberries and rosemary.
The beautiful dark purple color of this cocktail evokes the perfect witchy vibes for celebrating Halloween. This cocktail is great for a girls night together Practical Magic Style, or a Halloween party.
Can this Margarita Be Made into a Pitcher?
This blackberry margarita can easily be made into a large pitcher by using the same proportions as the recipe. In a pitcher muddle ½ cup fresh blackberries, ½ cup blackberry jam, add 2 cups tequila, 1 cup Chambord and 1 cup fresh lime juice. Chill until ready to serve.
Fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with ice and stir with a wooden spoon. You'll want to let the ice melt a bit which takes the place of shaking over ice to chill and dilute.
More Halloween Cocktails to Try:
- Spicy Rosemary Palomas
- Sorcerer's Stone Cocktail
- Poison Apple Halloween Punch
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Black Widow Martini
- Monster Mash Margarita
- Chili Pomegranate Margarita
- Coconut White Russian
- Halloween Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz Chambord
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Blackberry Preserves
- sprig of rosemary, for garnish
- rock salt and raw sugar, optional for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker or jam jar with a lid, muddle fresh blackberries.
- Add in blackberry preserves, tequila, Chambord, and lime juice.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to chill.
- Rim a cocktail glass with a mixture of salt and sugar and fill half way with fresh ice.
- Pour cocktail into prepared glass, including the smashed blackberries.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a few more blackberries, if desired. Cheers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g