Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas are the perfect drink for two to serve on Valentine’s Day!
Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas
Do you make big plans on Valentine’s Day? I used to care a whole lot more about having “plans” but in recent years I would much rather stay home with a round of delicious cocktails and a good home-cooked meal. Steak and margaritas anyone? These Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas are the perfect drink to make.
St. Germain Margarita
This cocktail was inspired by one of my all-time favorite cocktails, the St. Germain Margarita. It’s simple, delicious and one of my favorite twists on a classic marg. But as I thought about Valentine’s Day, pink cocktails and festive drinks, the idea of adding in ruby red grapefruit juice sounded like the perfect flavor compliment to the elderflower.
To add just a touch more sweetness and a pretty ombre effect, I added dark cherry syrup to the bottom of each glass. These Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas are refreshing and sweet, floral and fruity all in one sip. Plus they have the prettiest coral-pink color thanks to the grapefruit juice.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails
This Valentine’s Day, skip the wine (I can’t believe I’m actually saying that) and the champagne (again, I shock myself) and make margaritas! These Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas will have you falling in love with their sweet fruity-floral flavors.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Amarena Cherry syrup or Luxardo Cherry syrup
- Amarena or Luxardo cherry for garnish
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
- sea salt for the rim
- Rim a cocktail glass with salt.
- Add cherry syrup to the bottom of the glass and fill with ice.
- In another glass: mix together tequila, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice and lime juice.
- Pour into ice filled glass and garnish with grapefruit slice and cherry.