Happy Cocktail Friday to you, friends! Today I have a delicious take on a gimlet with thyme and sweet elderflower. If you are looking for a unique cocktail to try, the French Gimlet is your cocktail.
The French Gimlet
I have to say, there are few things in the world more enjoyable than spending an afternoon or evening with girlfriends, especially when good food and cocktails are involved! Time with friends always rejuvenates me. Recently, I met up with a girlfriend for dinner and a couple of delicious drinks.
She ordered her favorite Moscow Mule and I ordered a French Gimlet. I was intrigued by the fact that this particular French Gimlet (which usually consists of Gin and St. Germain) also featured thyme. After one sip I decided that this drink must make its way into my repertoire.
Thyme Simple Syrup
To add a bit more of an herbacious quality I made a quick thyme simple syrup to sweeten and flavor the gimlet. This Elderflower Gimlet is light and refreshing while giving subtle savory hints of thyme. Definitely a Springtime cocktail you will want to try!
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes to Try:
- Honey Tangerine Collins
- St. Germain Margarita
- Mixed Berry Wine Slushies
- Mint & Pink Grapefruit Greyhounds
- Raspberry Rose Margarita
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce thyme simple syrup
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Thyme Simple Syrup :
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6-8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and water and bring to a simmer
stirring until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in thyme sprigs and remove from heat, cover and allow thyme to steep in syrup until completely cool.
- Store in a jar, refrigerated.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine gin, St-Germain, lime juice
and simple syrup. Shake until well chilled and pour contents, ice and all into a cocktail tumbler.
- Garnish with a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Allow simple syrup to cool completely before using in cocktails!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2097Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 509gFiber: 3gSugar: 500gProtein: 1g
This does not factor in the 2oz of simple syrup but rather the entire batch.