The floral flavors of elderflower liqueur add the most delicious note of sweetness to a classic margarita. This St Germain, elderflower margarita is an all-time favorite cocktail of mine and I know it will be a new favorite of yours as well.
Nothing beats a homemade margarita with plenty of fresh lime juice, smooth Silver Tequila or Reposado Tequila, and rock salt. But what really sets this margarita apart is the Elderflower Liqueur. The floral notes of St. Germain pair perfectly with the tart lime juice and make an excellent substitution for traditional Triple Sec or simple syrup.
Ingredients in an Elderflower Margarita
- St Germain
- Lime Juice
How to Make a St. Germain Margarita
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice; combine tequila, elderflower liqueur, and lime juice.
- Shake until very well chilled.
- Pour into a salted margarita glass filled with ice.
- Top with a splash of seltzer, either lime seltzer or plain sparkling mineral water like Topo Chico.
- Garnish with a lime and a sprig of thyme.
More Margarita Recipes to Try:
- Easy Homemade Margarita Mix
- Frozen Sorbet Margaritas
- Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
- Chili Pomegranate Margarita
- Creamy Coconut Margaritas
- Jam Jar Margaritas
- Spicy Margaritas
- 2 ounces silver or reposado tequila
- 1-1 ½ ounces St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur (more or less to taste/sweetness)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sparkling water or mineral water
- Coarse sea salt
- lime wedge & fresh thyme for garnish
- Rim a margarita glass with salt, fill with ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, St. Germain, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds or more to chill and dilute the cocktail.
- Strain margarita into prepared glass.
- Top with a splash of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime and thyme.
Top with either Topo Chico mineral water, or your favorite plain or lime sparkling water or seltzer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g