Cheese is a beautiful thing, wouldn’t you agree? Nothing, and I mean nothing, in the world is more delicious than freshly baked bread to accompany it, especially when said cheese is melted, bubbly and topped with fresh herbs. (Gasp!) Ok, so it’s fair to say that I am head over heals in love with this Baked Camembert Bread Wreath.
When Président Cheese asked me to share one of my favorite holiday entertaining recipes using their cheese, I knew I had to share this show-stopping bread wreath. It’s a great recipe to have in your holiday repertoire and no-one with know how easy it is to make thanks to pre-made frozen Parker Rolls. Just let them rise, brush with butter and bake along with a round of Camembert cheese right in the center. You will have a delicious crowd-pleasing appetizer that works double duty as an eye-catching centerpiece for your holiday table in no time.
Here’s how you make the wreath, and of course the directions and recipe will follow:
Guests can pull off steaming hot pieces of bread to dip into the gooey-herbed Camembert center. And while a wheel of melted Président Brie would also do the trick, I prefer the stronger earthier flavor of Président Camembert, which pairs nicely with the rosemary. Dressed up with sprigs of more fresh rosemary and dotted with pomegranate seeds or cranberries, this is one festive appetizer! I dare you to find a more fabulous holiday appetizer recipe. I promise, this is the only one you will need.
photos by Leah Bergman
Also, if you’d like to enter to win $50 worth of Président cheese (who wouldn’t?), visit ArtOfCheese.com, where you can download a coupon and enter the Pinterest sweepstakes, plus find more holiday recipes including my recipe for Brie & Berry Strata perfect for serving guests on Christmas morning. It ain’t easy being cheesy…but it sure is delicious!
- 1-Président 8-oz. Camembert
- 1-25oz bag Parkerhouse Style Frozen Rolls Dough
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Flaked Maldon sea salt
- Prepare a large baking sheet by covered it in parchment paper.
- Using the Président 8-oz. Camembert as a guide in the center, arrange frozen dough rolls in two circles around the cheese leaving a 1/2” space between rolls and between circles. Note: As the dough begins to rise it will expand and form one solid wreath.
- Remove cheese and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Brush frozen rolls with melted butter and allow to thaw 1 hour in a warm draft free area of your kitchen and then an additional 2 hours to rise or until doubled in size. Note: this will depend on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Once dough has doubled in size and formed a “wreath” bake at 325 degrees for 7 minutes to par-bake.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully remove the top layer of rind from the Camembert wheel. This will allow for easy dipping!
- Remove par-baked rolls from the oven and fit Camembert wheel in the center. Continue to bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Using the parchment paper slide wreath off of baking sheet and onto a serving platter or board. At this time you can cut away excess parchment for a cleaner presentation.
- Brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with flaked Maldon sea salt. Sprinkle Camembert with minced rosemary.
- Garnish wreath by inserting small 1” long pieces of fresh rosemary and clusters of pomegranate seeds between rolls. Serve immediately.