Happy Friday! Yesterday on Instagram, a friend/reader commented that “(Halloween) looks like it’s my favorite holiday” in response to all of my spider-filled, pumpkin adorned, and candy covered posts. It’s true that I do geek out a tiny bit over Halloween, Harry Potter, and all things October. But if you have been a reader for sometime now, you will know that Christmas is my absolute favorite of holidays followed closely by Halloween. Around here the festivities start late September and work their way through New Years Eve! I sure do love a good holiday party.
So without further ado, I give you yet another candy-coated Halloween cocktail that I mixed up for Style Me Pretty Living.
Salted Caramel Apple Martini’s are basically your classic sour apple martini rimmed with caramel and a sprinkling of Maldon flaked sea salt. Simple to make, tart and sweet, and always acid green! The perfect festive and fun beverage to sip this Halloween while passing out candy…because adults deserve a treat too! So, what’s your favorite holiday to celebrate?
photos by Leah Bergman / originally for Style Me Pretty Living
- 2 ounces vodka or apple flavored vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces sour apple liqueur
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- caramel sauce
- flaked Maldon sea salt
- green apple, for garnish
- Rim martini glasses by rolling in caramel sauce and sprinkling with sea salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, apple liqueur and lemon juice.
- Shake until well chilled and pour into prepared martini glass. Garnish with a wedge of green apple.
- Tip: to keep apple garnishes from turning brown, rub with lemon after cutting.