For years I worked as the manager of a day spa here in California, and while it was quite the stressful job, there were many obvious benefits that came with it! Now a days I dream of the luxuries of body scrubs, facials and waxing. Oh, how the grass is always greener! That being said, all the benefits (and silky smooth skin) in the world won't compare to working at a job I love. And I LOVE being a designer. I feel so fortunate to run my own business with the chance to be creative every day. But since life needs balance, and silky smooth skin; I mix up a batch of this Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub from time to time. It's the perfect way to pamper myself in the comfort of my own home. And with New Years Eve this weekend, I fully plan to use this scrub from head to toe. After all, baring ones winter legs in a little cocktail dress is never a fun experience! Let the exfoliation begin.
Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
½ cup granulated (white) sugar
2 cups Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
1 Tablespoon honey
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract (or your favorite essential oil)
Directions: Combine the two sugars in a bowl and mix to incorporate. Add olive oil and stir. Mix in honey and vanilla. Store in an airtight jar and enjoy!
* This is a coarse scrub, if you would like a more gentle scrub you can substitute brown sugar for the turbinado sugar.
* Always exfoliate before shaving to prevent irritation and achieve a better shave.
* You may add more olive oil to your jar after packing if you desire a different consistency.
* Oil will settle in the jar so stir before using.
* I do not recommend using this scrub on your face. It is intended for use on the body only.