If you are looking for a fun St. Patrick's Day drink recipe to make at home, look no further than the Irish Mojito! Made with Irish Whiskey instead of rum and mint simple syrup, this drink is absolutely delicious.
Irish Mint Mojito Cocktail
This St. Patrick's Day, I'm switching up the ingredients in the classic Mint Mojito to make a version worthy of the holiday. Rum turns to Irish Whiskey and Master of Mixes Mint Syrup brings even more sweet, minty flavor to the fresh muddled mint and lime. Top the drink with bubbly soda water and you an Irish Mojito!
This drink would be perfect served with Corned Beef Tacos, for a celebration at home.
When it comes to making cocktails at home, two of my favorite ingredients to use are fresh limes and mint. The flavors are so refreshing and some of the best cocktails call for both. I recently tried Master of Mixes Mint Syrup for the first time and was immediately a fan.
The fresh mint flavor and the sweetness from the cane sugar make this syrup perfect for mojitos, mint juleps and even Moscow Mules if you want a minty twist. Master of Mixes has everything you need to entertain at home and become your very own at-home mixologist.
Irish Mojito Ingredients
- Irish Whiskey - use your favorite brand of good Irish Whiskey for this.
- Master of Mixes Mint Syrup - this takes the place of the sugar in a classic mojito and adds even more fresh mint flavor.
- Fresh Lime Wedges - muddling fresh lime wedges brings so much more flavor to the cocktail than just lime juice.
- Fresh Mint Leaves - it wouldn't be a mojito without fresh mint!
- Club Soda - for a bubbly finish.
How to Make an Irish Mojito
Once you learn how easy it is to muddle up this drink at home, you will make Mojitos again and again!
First, muddle the mint and lime. In a tall cocktail glass, add fresh mint leaves and lime wedges and give them a good crush with a wooden muddler. If you don't have one you can use the handle of a wooden spoon. You will want to really crush up the lime and mint to release all of those delicious flavors.
Next, add the mint syrup. This sweetens the cocktail and mellows out the tart lime flavor. You can add more or less to taste.
Fill with ice. You will want to have plenty of ice on hand for these mojitos and crushed ice is even better! Fill the glass all the way up to the top.
Add the whiskey. Pour a shot of whiskey down over the ice to chill it and quickly melt the ice down just a bit.
Top with soda water. Fill your glass the rest of the way with sparkling club soda water and give the entire mixture a stir. Garnish with more fresh mint and it's time to taste!
If you like your mojitos on the sweeter side, you can always add an extra splash of Master of Mixes Mint Syrup. That's the beauty of making cocktails at home, they can be perfectly customized to your own taste! Wasn't that the easiest cocktail to make?
What to Serve for St. Patrick's Day:
If you are making Irish Mojitos, you will definitely need dinner to go along with it! Here are a few recipes I love making on St. Patrick's Day for a celebration at home:
- Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Corned Beef Tacos
- Creamy Dill Fried Potatoes
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Master of Mixes, a brand of products I love to use for my cocktails.
- 5 mint leaves
- ½ lime cut into wedges
- ½ - 1 ounce Master of Mixes Mint Syrup (to taste)
- 2 ounces Irish Whiskey
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½ cup club soda
- In a tall cocktail glass, add fresh mint leaves and 3 lime wedges and give them a good crush with a wooden muddler. If you don't have one you can use the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add in ½ ounce Master of Mixes Mint Syrup and muddle again.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Pour 2 ounces Irish Whiskey over top the ice and fill the glass with club soda.
- Stir and taste! Add more mint syrup if needed.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. Sip and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 5gSugar: 53gProtein: 2g