I'm standing over a bowl of thinly sliced apples and pears sprinkled in brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice right now making an Apple Pear Dump Cake.
Apple Pear Dump Cake
I'm slowly tossing it all together, sampling one slice at a time, making sure that all of the pieces gets their fair share of the good stuff. And I'm pretty sure that my grin looks ridiculous. Hopefully none of the neighbors are peeking through my kitchen window right now. I'm thrilled, ecstatic, snacking on a bowl filled with fall and I'd better stop with all of the snacking if I want any of these apples and pears to make it into the pan.
I'm about to top this mixture with white cake mix (yes, from a box) and melted butter. I'll bake it until it's hot and bubbly and then unapologetically eat it straight out of the baking dish, probably before it cools, because I can't resist this Apple Pear Dump Cake.
Oh, and then I'll top it with a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream because that's just how you EAT this sort of dessert. It's the right amount of sweet, salty, soft and crunchy all in one. The perfect way to slowly slip into fall...and into a blissful food coma brought on by eating a giant serving of dump cake a la mode. Gosh I love this stuff.
I'm standing over a bowl of thinly sliced apples and pears sprinkled in brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice right now making an Apple Pear Dump Cake....Fall is on it's way.
More Pear Recipes to Love:
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 boxed white cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl toss together the pear slices, brown sugar and
pumpkin pie spice.
- Place the apple & pear slices into a 7x11 baking dish.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the filling spreading out
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the cake mix making
sure to cover the entire top. You may want to spoon it over the mix to evenly
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle with the pecans.
Return to oven and continue to bake an additional 30 minutes or until the top
is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Adding the nuts in after the first 20 minutes of baking will prevent the pecans from burning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g