This St. Patrick’s Day, skip the green beer because I’ve got nine festive and fun cocktails for you to try! St. Patrick’s Day is really just a holiday (let’s get real here) about drinking, so my blogger buddies (remember our Christmas Cookie Swap) and I have teamed up once again to share some fun and outrageous cocktails & mocktails with you.
From rainbow-colored sugared rims, to ice cream packed, and ultra boozy punch recipes, these sips will make you thankful for this Irish holiday. First up, I made a Lucky Leprechaun Rum Punch rimmed with crushed Lucky Charms and packed with sparkling pineapple-citrus punch.
It’s easy to make and can also be made non-alcoholic if you are having a St. Patrick’s Day party for kids. Either way it’s a fun green drink to serve the Leprechauns in your life.
Personally, the leprechaun in my house would prefer to just eat the cereal but that’s ok, more punch for me! Be sure to read down to the end of this post for links and photos of all 8 of the other cocktails from my friends.
- 1 bunch fresh mint, stems removed plus more for garnish
- 2 pkg. Kool-Aid Lemon-Lime Flavor Unsweetened Drink Mix
- 2 qt. (8 cups) pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (2 L) carbonated lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white rum, optional
- 2 lemon, sliced
- 3 lime, sliced
- Rim glasses: Place Lucky Charms marshmallows in a ziplock bag and crush into small pieces. Pour out onto a plate and set aside. Dip glasses in honey then in crushed marshmallows.
- Make the punch: Muddle mint with Kool-Aid in punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice; stir until mix is dissolved.
- Stir in soda, rum and fruit just before serving.
- To serve, pour punch carefully into rimmed glasses, add a few extra slices of citrus and a sprig of mint.
Inspired by Charm, Leprechaun’s Kiss Martini
Julie Blanner, Shot of Gold
Lovely Indeed, Golden Irish Mule Cocktail
Pizzazzerie, Mojito Sherbet Punch
Studio DIY, Rainbow Cereal Milkshake
Sugar and Charm, Irish Pear Mule
Sugar and Cloth, Marbled Creme de Menthe Ice Cream Shots
The Sweetest Occasion, Black Velvet Cocktail
And if you make any of our cocktails, which I hope you will, make sure to share on social #partybloggerbash! We plan to do lots more of these fun holiday roundups together. Cheers!