Happy Friday friends! Why is it that taking an afternoon (or entire day) off in during the week feels so much more relaxing and indulgent than the best weekend day ever?
Yesterday, I spend the afternoon making Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade and sitting in my sunny grass of my sister’s backyard with my Mom and Sis. Those sorts of slow and lazy afternoons are always hard to come by even on the weekends when we all should have a bit more time on our hands.
Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade is so easy to make and is great stored in your refrigerator all spring-summer long. Top with a bit of seltzer water like we did to give your lemonade fizz or punch it up with a shot of blueberry vodka, yowza! Either way you can’t go wrong with this sweet and tart warm weather quencher.
This weekend, I hope you have one of those rare slow afternoon moments to enjoy a little sunshine and the possibility of a pitcher of lemonade. Cheers!
photos by Leah Bergman
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 8-10 lemons)
- 6 cups water + 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 pint blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- seltzer water
- garnish with lemon slices and fresh blueberries
- *blueberry vodka, optional
- In a small sauce pan combine 1 3/4 cups water, sugar, and blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring regularly. Simmer about 5-7 minutes crushing berries with the back of a wooden spoon to help them break down faster. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large pitcher combine lemon juice, blueberry simple syrup and water. Stir to combine.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and top with seltzer water.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh blueberries.
- *To make these into boozy lemonades stir in 2oz of blueberry vodka into each glass.