Salted Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect chewy cookie with crispy edges and butter flavor that will have you hooked.
There are few things in this world better than the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. In my opinion, this is by far the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried. It’s a variation on this recipe and I’ve made it for years now as my go-to cookie recipe. It’s chewy throughout with just a slight crisp around the edges and an almost toffee-like flavor thanks to the brown sugar and butter.
The ingredients that make these cookies stand out from the crowd are brown sugar, salted butter and even more course ground sea salt. The dough alone is so good you’ll be hard pressed not to eat it all.
I use a small ice cream scoop to portion out very large rounded Tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet. That creates nice big cookies still with plenty of chewy center and bite when baked for 10 minutes or so.
Just out of the oven, sprinkle with a tiny bit more coarse sea salt. Trust me when I say that this is the secret to over the top chocolate chip cookies. You’ll never go back!
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed butter and mix. The dough will look a bit dry and crumbly.
- Mix in the two eggs just until the dough comes together. Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Scoop dough out in rounded tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 9 – 10 minutes or just until they begin to brown. (If you are using a larger scoop increase time to 10-12 minutes).
- Remove from oven and give a very light sprinkle with coarse kosher salt immediately. Cool on a wire rack.