Cranberry Sauce Barbecue Cocktail Meatballs are easy, and so delicious to serve as a fast appetizer during the holidays.
Cranberry Sauce Meatballs
These meatballs really are the easiest holiday appetizer recipe of all time. The sauce is two ingredients and if you really want to take a short cut, you can always buy pre-made frozen cocktail meatballs from the grocery store. Serve as an appetizer or even over a bed of my favorite mashed potatoes for a main course.
I mean, it's pretty much a home run when it comes to time saving holiday recipes, am I right? Oh, and I should mention that these meatballs are darn delicious too! Something about that cranberry sauce mixed with the barbecue...it's sweet and smokey and festive. Just perfect!
Whichever way you chose to serve them, these Cranberry Barbecue Cocktail Meatballs will be the hit of your holiday party. You might even want to make a double batch!
More Meatball Recipes:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- pinch of kosher salt & pepper
- 1 (12oz) jar whole cranberry sauce - Trader Joes
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread
crumbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roll into small meatballs, about 30, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- In a large pot over low heat, combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce and water. Add meatballs, and simmer on low for 1 hour before serving.
- I like the Kentucky Bourbon BBQ sauce from Trader Joe's or
Sweet Baby Rays but you can use whatever barbecue sauce is your favorite.
- You can also make these in a crockpot to keep warm for
hours. Follow all of the steps but replace the large pot with a crock pot set to low.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 23g