Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing is a zesty and flavorful appetizer to serve on game day.
Today I’m partnering with Uber to share this recipe but also to discuss a subject that is very important to me. Last year, drunk driving deaths went up for the first time in over 30 years. How can this still be an increasing issue? While I post many cocktail recipes and tips for entertaining here on Freutcake, one thing is for sure, there is never drunk or buzzed driving involved.
My girlfriends and I love to get together for cocktails and parties, but even for the most casual get-togethers, we have all taken a pledge to order an Uber or get a ride from a designated driver, anytime there are drinks involved.
With football season in full swing and the big game on the way, I encourage all of you to do the same! Chose to be a #DesignatedRider or if you are hosting a party, encourage your guests to be one, to reduce impaired driving and keep the roads safe.
That simply means that you will order an Uber and enjoy your day letting someone else do the driving! It takes the stress off of you so that your only concern is enjoying the party, and making a batch of these (seriously delicious) meatballs. You can learn more about the #DesignatedRider initiative here.
Now let’s get down to business and talk appetizers! Buffalo wings are one of my all-time favorite appetizers for game day, but they can be messy and also a pain to make. These buffalo chicken meatballs, on the other hand, have all of the classic flavors of hot wings baked into a zesty chicken meatball.
Mix ground chicken, Panko bread crumbs, fresh garlic, hot sauce, seasonings and an egg together in a bowl. Roll into cocktail sized meatballs and bake for 15-20 minutes. Toss in more of your favorite wing sauce, drizzle with blue cheese dressing, a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and green onions. Pile them high on a platter and serve with toothpicks on the side. This recipe makes 24 cocktail sized meatballs so if you plan to host a large party game day party, I would definitely suggest doubling the recipe!
Serve with celery, carrots and more blue cheese dressing on the side. These meatballs are guaranteed to be the most popular appetizer on your game day table.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bottle Franks Red Hot wing sauce
- blue cheese dressing
- crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together garlic, egg, bread crumbs, onion powder, 1/4 cup wing sauce and a few grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Mix in the ground chicken by hand until well combined and roll into 24 small cocktail meatballs placing them on the sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and toss in more hot sauce until all meatballs are well coated. Arrange on serving dish and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of crumbled blue cheese and sliced green onions.
- Serve hot with toothpicks for serving.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Uber however all opinions expressed here are my own. For more information about being a #DesignatedRider, visit http://ubr.to/2Dwixk5. Have a fun, and safe game day weekend!