Moscow Mules made more festive and minty with a shot of peppermint schnapps and candy cane, make the perfect Christmas Cocktail!
Peppermint Moscow Mule
Step aside Moscow Mules because this time of year I'm all about the Peppermint Mules! A minty version of everyone's favorite cocktail made with vodka, peppermint schnapps, crushed candy cane and fresh mint. The combination of ginger and mint is pure holiday perfection...
I've posted a whole bunch of different variations of the Moscow Mule here on the blog from Pumpkin Spice to Cranberry, and even Melon Mules, but never thought to add mint until a recent trip to Trader Joe's. I was standing in the checkout line when I spotted a huge display of their Triple Brewed Ginger beer.
"Mmm, Moscow Mules sound so good right now!" "I wonder if I can make a Christmas version?" And so the Moscow Reindeer was born.
Ingredients in a Peppermint Mule
- Peppermint Schnapps- this gives that delicious minty, candy cane flavor to the drink.
- Vodka - use whatever brand you like best. We really enjoy Titos Vodka or Hangar 1 Vodka but you can also use peppermint flavored vodka.
- Fresh Lime Juice - fresh lime juice is the only way to go with Moscow Mules!
- Ginger Beer - ginger beer is a non-alcoholic ginger soda and can be found with the sodas and mixers. We like Fever Tree Ginger Beer because it's not overly sweet and has great ginger flavor!
- Candy Canes - crush them up for the cocktail and the garnish!
- Mint - muddled into the drink or used as garnish, whichever you prefer.
How to Make a Peppermint Mule
- Fill a copper mule mug with ice and add in vodka, peppermint schnapps and lime juice before giving it a stir.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with crushed candy canes and fresh mint.
Does that not look so deliciously refreshing? This cocktail is on the menu for my family Christmas dinner. I'm hosting again this year and will obviously need something festive to serve for sipping!
Peppermint Moscow Mules
This peppermint Moscow Mule is the perfect holiday cocktail recipe. It's festive and fun, easy to drink and very refreshing. If you want to add even more peppermint flavor, you can add a splash of peppermint schnapps!
Flavored vodka such as vanilla vodka or even Peppermint Vodka is delicious is this drink. If you use peppermint vodka, you can omit the peppermint schnapps.
More Christmas Cocktail Recipes
While this isn't quite a traditional Christmas cocktail...it is sure to be a hit with your family. Looking for more Christmas Cocktail inspiration? You might enjoy these festive cocktails:
- Sparkling Cranberry Gin Cocktails
- Spiced Holiday Sangria
- Cranberry Spice Margaritas
- Boozy Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate
- Toasted Almond Cocktail
- Peppermint White Christmas Champagne Cocktail
- Santa Snugglers
- Homemade Old Fashioned Mix
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- juice of ½ a lime
- 4 oz ginger beer (more or less to taste)
- crushed candy cane- for garnish
- fresh mint - for garnish
- crushed ice
- 1. Fill copper mule mug with ice.
- 2. Stir in vodka, peppermint schnapps and lime juice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top and garnish with mint.
Recipe updated 12/22