Looking for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail to make on Thanksgiving? This Apple Bourbon cocktail with crisp ginger beer and just a hint of spice, complements the flavors of Thanksgiving nicely.
Thanksgiving Apple Bourbon Cocktail
The warmth of bourbon with crisp and spicy ginger beer is always one of my favorite cocktail combinations. Add in a spoonful of spiced apple butter and a squeeze of lemon and you have yourself a cocktail full of delicious autumnal flavors.
Thanksgiving Cocktail Ingredients
- Bourbon - Bulleit Bourbon is a great quality bourbon for making mixed drinks.
- Lemon - to balance the sweet flavors of apple and ginger beer.
- Apple Butter - I used an apple butter with cinnamon and clove which added a subtle spice flavor to the drink, delicious!
- Ginger Beer - Fever Tree is my favorite brand to buy because it's not overly sweet and has a nice strong spicy ginger flavor.
How to Make the Perfect Thanksgiving Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together bourbon, apple butter, and lemon juice until well combined and chilled.
- Pour into a glass with fresh ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with thin sliced apples, cinnamon and sage.
This drink is simple, refreshing, warming and delicious! If you enjoy a Whiskey Mule you will certainly love this Apple Bourbon cocktail. If you prefer whiskey, that will work nicely in this drink as well.
Looking for a similar drink with Tequila? You might enjoy this Apples and Tequila cocktail. Cheers!
More Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes:
- Apples and Tequila
- Cranberry Mules
- Frozen Honey Apple Cider Margarita
- Hard Apple Cider Sangria
- Bourbon Maple Apple Cider
- Cranberry Apple Martini
- Vanilla Bean Old Fashioned
- Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mule
- Pumpkin Spice Margarita
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon apple butter
- ½ oz lemon juice
- ginger beer
- apple slices, for garnish
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
- sage leaf, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine Bourbon, Apple Butter, and lemon juice.
- Shake until well chilled and strain into a cocktail glass with fresh ice.
- Top with a splash of ginger beer.
- Garnish with apple, cinnamon and sage.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 4gSugar: 66gProtein: 0g