Oh me, oh my, there are few desserts I love more than key lime pie! I turned one of my favorite slices of creamy pie goodness into a frozen treat with these Key Lime Pie Ice Pops and best yet, they happen to be vegan!
Key Lime Pie Popsicles
When the weather is hot, there is nothing I love more than a frozen treat. Tart limes mixed with creamy almond or coconut milk and coconut milk yogurt, sweetened with powdered sugar and dipped in graham crackers for a "crust." It really doesn't get better than that.
Because these pops are made with non-dairy milk and yogurt instead of condensed milk, they are way more guilt-free than a traditional slice of key lime pie and friendly to anyone who is avoiding dairy.
Key limes not in season where you live? No problemo! Just sub out regular limes, they work like a charm and still give that delicious flavor. Happy freezing!
More Vegan Frozen Dessert Recipes:
- 1 ½ cups Coconut or Almond Milk
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup almond or non-dairy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- graham cracker crumbs- for dipping (see note on crackers)
- In a bowl, whisk together almond milk, lime juice, lime
zest, yogurt and powdered sugar.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Quickly run molds under warm water just to loosen.
- Immediately dip in graham cracker crumbs and either serve or
freeze on a cookie sheet to serve later.
Most graham crackers are not considered vegan as they contain honey however you can find some brands that use corn syrup in place of honey, making them "accidentally vegan."