Recently I shared a summer cocktail recipe for a classic Paloma cocktail which I “garnished” with a Grapefruit Lime Paleta. These popsicles are easy to make and delicious as a cool summer treat or cocktail garnish.
Grapefruit Lime Paletas
While I initially intended for these pops to be nothing more than a delicious garnish, they ended up being so tasty and refreshing that I thought they deserved a post of their very own! I honestly couldn't stop eating them.
Pink grapefruit is one of those flavors that really sparkles when sugar is added, as does lime! The combination is simple and mouth puckeringly good. Puckeringly…is that a word? Well, it is now! And these pops are perfect for cooling down on a hot summer's day when you don't want a heavy sweet treat.
Or you could simply garnish your next cocktail with one of them. Either way, I hope you will give em' a try. Here's how to make them!
More Delicious Grapefruit Recipes to Try:
- Pink Grapefruit Bars
- Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas
- Mint and Pink Grapefruit Greyhounds
- Salty Dog Cocktails
- Thyme Pink Grapefruit Greyhounds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Add sugar and water to saucepan. Bring to simmer stirring
just until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Once mixture is cooled stir in juices and zest.
- Pour mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze partially, just
until liquid has frozen enough to insert popsicle sticks. Insert popsicle sticks and return to freezer to freeze until solid.
- Run popsicle mold under warm water to release popsicles and serve.