Creamy brie and mascarpone cheese topped with summer stone fruit, a drizzle of honey and fresh thyme.
Summer Stone Fruit Crostini
When nectarines are ripe I love to eat them just about every day. Sliced into my cereal, eaten whole as a snack, on top of my yogurt or as a summer crostini. After all, who doesn’t love nectarines, peaches & plums? The juiciest and sweetest fruit summer has to offer…I just adore them all!
Nectarines and plums make an easy summer appetizer sliced over crusty pieces of bread with a drizzle of honey, a good spread of cheese, and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
For this appetizer I like to use a combination of sweet mascarpone cheese mixed with triple cream brie but that's just me! You could absolutely substitute goat cheese or even a creamy mild blue. Go wild!
I say, make these Summer Stone Fruit Crostini this weekend and try them for yourself...you'll be glad you did!
More Crostini Recipes to Try:
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Ricotta Crostini
- Sweet Pea and Ricotta Crostini
- Blue Cheese and Cranberry Crostini
- Pickled Rhubarb Crostini
- Browned Butter Sage Crostini
- 4 oz Triple Cream Brie
- 4 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 ripe nectarine, sliced
- 1 ripe plum, sliced
- french baguette
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- Thinly slice baguette (about 12 slices) and drizzle lightly
with olive oil. Toast in a dry non-stick pan oil side down until crisp and golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine mascarpone and brie. (removing the brie
rind) Mix until creamy, smooth and well combined.
- Spread each crostini with cheese mixture.
- Top with a slice of fruit, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 13g