Jam Jar Margaritas are classic margaritas shaken with a good amount of your favorite jam and served up in handy-dandy jam jars. This is one of my favorite ways to change up the flavor of my margaritas fast with whatever jam we have in the fridge.
While these jam margaritas might look like the perfect summer drink, don't wait for warmer weather to try them! They have all of the freshness of a summer cocktail thanks to the help of sweet strawberry jam but can be enjoyed year round. After all, who doesn't have jam in their pantry or fridge? Of course you can use any flavor that strikes your fancy.
The best part about these margaritas, no simple syrup necessary! These cocktails get all of their sweetness from the goodness of jam. They really are so delicious.
Ingredients in Jam Jar Margaritas
- Tequila - Silver tequila is my go to for all margaritas!
- Lime- only use the good stuff, fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Cointreau - a necessary ingredient for classic margaritas.
- Jam - any flavor of jam will do but Strawberry is my favorite.
- Ice & Salt - classic components for a margarita on the rocks.
How to Make Jam Margaritas
Anyone else guilty of being a collector of jars? My favorites are these jam jars which we go through quite quickly in this house with all of the PB&J consumption. They are the perfect size for water glasses and even better for cocktails! Here's how I make these margs...
- Combine - add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake - shake well! This is important as you need the ice to melt down a bit into the cocktail both to chill and dilute it just a bit.
- Strain - strain into a jam jar with a salted rim (optional.)
- Garnish- with a an extra dollop of strawberry jam and a lime wheel as the final touch!
- Sip & Enjoy!
And because I KNOW some of you will ask...why not shake these margaritas right in the jam jar?! Sadly, the lids don't seal quite tight enough to double as a cocktail shaker...trust me, I tried. But save those lids anyway! They sure do make a cute presentation when serving your jam jar margaritas.
- Silver Tequila - you can use any tequila you like or have on hand, I just prefer the clean flavor of silver.
- Cointreau - this is my favorite liqueur for margarita making but you can also use triple sec or your favorite orange flavored liqueur.
- Lime Juice- no lime juice? Try a lemon margarita! I have a recipe here.
- Jam - any flavor of jam will work. Jelly works as well however I find it more sweet than flavorful. Experiment and see what you like best! Chunky whole fruit jams are amazing in these drinks. Try fig jam, blueberry jam, strawberry, apricot...the flavor possibilities are endless.
More Margarita Recipes to Try:
By now you might know from reading my blog that I love a good margarita recipe! Here are just a few of my favorites if you are looking for more margarita recipes to try.
- Meyer Lemon Margaritas
- Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas
- Kombucha Margaritas
- Raspberry Pop Rock Margaritas
- Spicy Mango Jalapeño Margarita
- THE BEST Creamy Coconut Margaritas
- Homemade Margarita Mix
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry Jam + more for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- rock salt, optional for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into jam jar with a salted rim (optional.)
- Garnish with a dollop of strawberry jam and a lime wheel.
- Silver Tequila – you can use any tequila you like or have on hand, I just prefer the clean flavor of silver.
- Cointreau – this is my favorite liqueur for margarita making but you can also use triple sec or your favorite orange flavored liqueur.
- Lime Juice– no lime juice? Try a lemon margarita! I have a recipe here.
- Jam – any flavor of jam will work. Jelly works as well however I find it more sweet than flavorful. Experiment and see what you like best! Chunky whole fruit jams are amazing in these drinks. Try fig jam, blueberry jam, strawberry, apricot…the flavor possibilities are endless.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g