Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas are delicious, creamy, and perfectly pink! These margaritas would be the perfect cocktail for a bridal shower, baby shower, or anytime you need a very pink cocktail. Garnish it with a slice of blood orange and a slice of lime and you’ve got one pretty, pretty drink.
Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
If you are a fan of coconut you will love these sweet and tart margaritas! When blood oranges are in season I always grab a bag. They taste like a sweet orange but with the most vibrant dark juice that turns these margaritas a vibrant shade of pink. As for coconut cream, I love it in just about every recipe whether it’s mixed into Chichi Cocktails or used as a sauce for Fish Tacos!
Ingredients Needed for a Coconut Orange Margarita
- Silver Tequila – You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a tasty silver tequila. I enjoy Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila. It has a nice mild and smooth flavor for mixed drinks.
- Blood Orange Juice – juice fresh blood oranges by hand or with a juicer.
- Cream of Coconut – different from canned coconut milk or coconut cream, this is found in the cocktail mixer section of the store and is sweetened just for cocktail making. The brand I buy is Coco Real.
- Lime Juice– fresh squeezed is best!
- blood orange slices and lime slices– for garnish
How to Make Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
- Prep the Glass– for this recipe I don’t usually rim my glasses with salt but you can if you like salt! Just rub with lime and dip in coarse salt before filling the glass with ice.
- Shake it Up– In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine tequila, blood orange juice, coconut cream and lime juice. Shake until well combined and chilled.
- Pour – Strain the cocktail into ice filled glass.
- Make it Pretty– garnish with blood orange and lime slices.
- Sip & Enjoy! cheers.
I love the combination of coconut and orange however if you can’t find all of these ingredients, here are a few substitutions to try!
- Can’t find blood oranges? Use Cara Cara oranges, Tangerine, or any sweet orange you can find.
- Don’t have Cream of Coconut? You can use canned coconut cream however it’s thinner, less sweet and has more of a tendency to separate in mixed drinks.
- Not a tequila drinker? Try making Chichis with vodka!
More Margarita Recipes to Try
Margaritas are on of my favorite cocktails to make because they are delicious and easy to shake up in no time. Here are a few more margarita recipes to try:
- Elderflower Grapefruit Margaritas – RECIPE
- Kumquat Kombucha Margaritas – RECIPE
- Raspberry Poprock Margaritas- RECIPE
- Spicy Mango Jalapeno Margaritas – RECIPE
- Jam Jar Margaritas – RECIPE
What to Serve with this Margarita Recipe
You could serve this margarita with just about anything but I like it best with tacos! Here are four of my favorite taco recipes here on the blog:
- Mahi Mango Fish Tacos– tropical and delicious!
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos – this is a favorite of mine all summer long.
- Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema – this recipe tastes like vacation!
- Crockpot Shredded Beef Tacos – the most flavorful beef tacos you will ever try.
Hungry yet? I know I am! I hope this post has inspired you to make a round of Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas this week and enjoy the flavors of vacation at home! Looking for a good guacamole recipe to go along with it? Here is my favorite. Cheers!
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz blood orange juice
- 1.5 oz cream of coconut (Coco Real)
- 1 oz lime juice, or more to taste
- blood orange slices, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, blood orange juice, Cream of Coconut (Coco Real) and lime juice.
- Shake until well combined and chilled.
- Strain into a tumbler filled with ice and garnish with blood orange and lime slices.
This is a sweet margarita, increase lime juice to 2 oz if you like it more tangy.