This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fall and football season mean cozy tailgating spreads of hot blue cheese dip, crispy buffalo wings, and all the other game day bites you look forward to eating once the weather gets crisp.
Delicious Hot Blue Cheese Dip
Bubbling Hot Blue Cheese Dip is the perfect game day appetizer to serve with chicken wings, celery, carrots sticks and crispy toasted baguette slices. This year, football games might look a little different, but you won't even mind missing that tailgate party when this spread is on the table! Blue Cheese dip is one of my favorite appetizers right up there with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and my Loaded Guacamole and today I'm excited to share the recipe with you.
Football Party Made Easy!
While I prepped the blue cheese dip, John stopped by Vons to pick up five different flavors of made in-store chicken wings, a fresh cut fruit bowl, coleslaw, and bakery brownies. You know I LOVE the Vons fried chicken and their chicken wings are just as good. Vons makes it easy to serve delicious and convenient meals on gameday so that you don't have to do all of the work.
Ingredients in Hot Blue Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese - this will be the creamy base for your dip!
- Sour Cream - gives the dip a nice creamy tang.
- Monterey Jack Cheese - to give that gooey, melty cheese texture.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - brings all the blue cheese flavor!
- Pepper - just a touch for spice.
- Garlic Powder - to add a rich garlic flavor that pairs so well with blue cheese.
- Chives - for garnish and an gently oniony bite.
How to Make Baked Blue Cheese Dip
- Soften your cream cheese! This is really the only prep needed as it will allow you to mix the dip easier.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the dip mixture to a small baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with more Monterey Jack cheese and bake until bubbly and hot.
- Broil for an additional two minutes just to get a golden top.
- Garnish with more blue cheese crumbles and chopped chives.
- Serve hot with carrot sticks, baguette slices, and celery for dipping.
What to Serve with Blue Cheese Dip
- Fresh Veggies - carrots, cucumber and celery all sliced into sticks is great for dipping.
- Bread - I buy the fresh bakery made baguettes from Vons, slice them, drizzle with olive oil and broil just until toasty! These make the perfect dippers.
- Chicken Wings - You won't believe how good the Vons freshly prepared chicken wings are dunked in blue cheese dip. We buy Salt & Vinegar, Buffalo, Teriyaki, Crispy Hot and Traditional wings from the deli department and everyone loves them.
- Coleslaw- cool down the heat with a scoop of sweet coleslaw from the Vons deli. So creamy and delicious!
- Fresh Fruit - I always grab a Fresh Cut Fruit Bowl because who has time to chop all of that melon? Not me.
- Dessert - If you love fudgy brownies, the frosted bakery brownies from Vons are to die for! I cut them into little footballs with a cookie cutter and ice on football laces.
Your family will go wild for this spread, I guarantee it! You should have seen John's face when he saw the table. SCORE! Plus, this is the world's easiest gameday menu thanks to these store-bought hacks.
Is your mouth watering like mine is? Try dipping chicken wings straight into the hot blue cheese dip and then come back and let me know what you think. Seriously, this meal will blow your mind! You might even forget about the football game entirely...or is that just me?
Tips for a Perfect Gameday Spread
- Prep the Blue Cheese dip ahead of time, cover and store in the fridge. All you will have to do is top it with cheese and bake 30 minutes before you want to serve!
- Call your local Vons ahead of time and order your wings. The deli will have them hot and ready for you at the time you set.
- Ask for extra sauce! I always ask for extra buffalo and teriyaki sauce for my wings when ordering. This way you can add more just before serving if needed.
- Buy a tube of white decorating icing to turn brownies into mini footballs. You can usually find this in the baking aisle and it's so much easier than trying to fill a piping bag.
Looking for More Gameday Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Super Bowl Blue Hawaiian Cocktails
- Build Your Own Michelada Bar
- The Ultimate Guacamole
I shopped at Vons in my local area, but you can also find quality tailgating foods at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb. Also, Vons offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
- 16 oz cream cheese (2 8oz blocks,) softened
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz crumbled blue cheese, 1 Tablespoon reserved
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Take cream cheese out of the fridge to soften slightly about 20 minutes before making the dip.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, black pepper, garlic powder, blue cheese, and 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack.
- Mix until well combined and transfer into a small baking dish.
- Top with the additional ½ cup of Monterey Jack Cheese and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.
- Broil for 2 minutes just to brown up the cheese on top.
- Remove from oven and top with reserved 1 Tablespoon of blue cheese and chopped chives.
- Serve hot!
To make ahead: prep dip through step 4, cover and refrigerate. When ready to bake, top with ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese, bake and broil as instructed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g