This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Grill Packets are the perfect fresh and easy meal to get on the grill in no less than 30 minutes. Sweet jumbo shrimp, ripe tomatoes and zucchini all mixed together with plenty of garlic and lemon create a bright summer dinner.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Grill Packets
It's grilling season and my family has been spending more and more nights enjoy the backyard and dinners made on the barbecue. The kids love more playtime and I love less dishes in my kitchen. It's a win, win.
Lemon garlic shrimp grill packets are one of the easiest grilled dinners to prepare and they cook in a flash. In fact I love just about any combination of fresh veggies and seafood on the grill, take my Low Country Boil Grill Packets for example, they are one of my favorites.
Ingredients in Shrimp Grill Packets
Right now the produce and fresh seafood at Vons looks especially beautiful. I was drawn to vine ripened tomatoes, bright green zucchini, and the fresh shrimp which inspired this dinner. The ingredients may be simple however there is no lack of flavor here.
- Shrimp - I love the peeled, tail on raw shrimp from the seafood counter at Vons. It's always sweet and delicious.
- Zucchini - pairs so well with shrimp! You can also grab yellow squash or any other veggies that look especially fresh and in season.
- Tomatoes - add a sauciness to the grill packs and bring all of that summer flavor.
- Garlic, Salt & Pepper - Fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper is shrimps perfect seasoning.
- Lemon - I use the juice and zest in this recipe.
Grill Packet Marinate
What's not to love about a dinner recipe that creates virtually no dishes?! All of the ingredients get tossed together in one large mixing bowl to marinate. It doesn't take long for the shrimp and veggies to absorb all of that fresh lemon zest and garlic.
How to Prep Grill Packets
- Tear off 6 large rectangular pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. These will be your packets so set them aside. If you can't find heavy duty foil, you may want to double up.
- Chop all of your veggies and garlic and combine them in a large mixing bowl with the shrimp.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to sit and marinate while you heat the grill.
- To prepare the packets, divide the shrimp and veggie mixture evenly between 6 pieces of foil. Fold the two shorter sides until they touch in the center and fold over to seal. Repeat with the other two sides. You will be left with a foil pack that resembles an envelope.
Once your grill is heated, it's time to cook! If you are using a charcoal grill, you will want to make sure that your coals are grey and cooked down a bit before placing on your packets. Grill packs will only take about 15 minutes over hot coals or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Note: The below image was taken as I checked the grill packets. They will not be cooked open like this.
How to Grill in a Foil Packet
- Make sure your coals have cooked down enough that you are no longer having flair ups.
- You will not need to oil your grill as no food will actually be touching the grates.
- Use large barbecue tongs to flip grill packs halfway through the cooking process.
- Use gloves to carefully open the foil to check shrimp for doneness.
To serve, you can empty the contents of the packs onto plates or simply serve them right out of the foil. Garnish with generous sprinkling of cilantro and lemon wedges for squeezing. These grill packs would be perfect for Father's Day or any summer barbecue! Plus, you can easily serve a crowd with this simple recipe.
What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Garlic Bread - would be delicious for dipping into the broth that collects in the bottom of the grill packs.
- Noodles - for the twins, I served their shrimp and veggies over butter and parmesan noodles. Delish!
- Warm Potato Salad
- Peach and White Wine Slushies
- Grilled Mango and Jalapeno Margaritas
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
I shopped at Vons in my local area, but you can also find quality grilling essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
I hope your family will try these grill packets this season and let me know what you think! Please leave a comment in the space below and a review in the recipe box. Happy grilling!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Grill Packets
Lemon and garlic marinated shrimp and fresh summer veggies cooked in easy foil packets on the grill.
- 2 pounds raw peeled tail on shrimp
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 3 large tomatoes, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice from ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped for garnish
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together shrimp, zucchini, tomato, garlic, onion and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Tear off 6 large rectangular pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. If you don’t have heavy duty foil, you will want to double up the foil.
- To prepare the packets, divide the shrimp and veggie mixture evenly between the 6 pieces of foil.
- Fold the two shorter sides until they touch in the center and fold over to seal. Repeat with the other two sides. You will be left with a foil pack that resembles an envelope.
- Place on a preheated grill and cover. Cook for 15 minutes flipping once.
- Using heat proof gloves, carefully open a packet to check that the shrimp is pink throughout.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 800mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 20g
What a fun idea! I have to try this!
Matt Robinson says
My shrimp-obsessed (and moody) 13 year old would love these! And so would I of courseZ
I made these for Father's Day...so yum! Thank you!
Leah Bergman says
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! Hope you had a great Father's Day.