Peach White Wine Slushies are the perfect way to turn a bottle of fruity white wine into a frozen summer cocktail treat!
Peach and White Wine Slushies
I feel like we’ve quickly slipped into our summer groove. Long drawn out days at the pool for swim lessons, grilling dinner outside most days, and cold frozen cocktails. Peach and White Wine Slushies are such a fun way to transform a bottle of white wine and cool off when the weather is hot.
Sauvignon Blanc Slushies
Sauvignon Blanc is by far my favorite white wine. It’s fruity and crisp and easy to taste hints of nectarine so I thought it would pair really nicely with peaches. I was right! Nectarines would also be amazing but I wanted to use a fruit that was easy to find in the frozen section to minimize the effort it takes to make these. I mean, does anyone want to make a complicated cocktail on a lazy summer day? The answer is most definitely, no.
Frozen Fruit Slushies
Frozen fruit make for the best slushies because they give the cocktail a thick consistency and frozen peaches are almost creamy when blended. To a blender I added one bag of frozen peaches and half a cup of simple syrup to sweeten them up. You can leave the simple syrup out but I find that wine slushies really need that added sweetness. I have a great mixed berry red wine slushie recipe here!
Next, blend the peaches and syrup until the puree is smooth, you may need to push the mixture down a few times to get it all blended together. Then slowly add in your Sauv Blanc until the slushie comes together and is smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with fresh sliced peaches and serve right away! Summer tastes so good.
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peaches
- 1 bottle chilled sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 fresh peach, cut into wedges for garnish
- Make simple syrup: In a small sauce pan combine granulated sugar and water and bring to a simmer stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- In a blender combine frozen peaches and cooled simple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, slowly add in the white wine and blend until smooth and completely combined.
- Immediately pour into glasses and serve garnished with fresh peach slices.