A sweet and season version of classic ginger beer Moscow Mules, I mixed these cocktail with Pumpkin puree, vanilla vodka, pumpkin pie spice, ginger beer and lime to create Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mules.
Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mules
This past weekend I took a trip up north where the weather was just a hint cooler than down here in southern California. The trees haven't started to change quite yet but you could definitely feel the chill in the air and the cool nights were beautiful. We went wine tasting in the day, grilled maple glazed trout and made Pumpkin Spice Mules at night.
Sweet Fall Dessert Cocktail
Definitely a sweet after-dinner cocktail when vanilla vodka is involved but you can alway adjust the sweetness by using traditional vodka. Shake or stir together pumpkin puree, vodka, spices and lime and pour into a copper mule mug filled with ice. Top with a spicy ginger beer (like Fever Tree) and give it a good stir.
You can add more lime juice to taste to cut down on the sweetness from the vanilla vodka and garnish it with a pinch of more pumpkin pie spice on top. This cocktail literally tastes like pie and it has me in a serious mood for fall. Now if only those trees were changing...
More Fun Fall Cocktail Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Bourbon Maple Apple Cider
- Halloween Old Fashioned
- Sparkling Fall Hard Apple Cider Sangria
- Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mules
- Cranberry Spice Margaritas
- Hard Apple Cider Sangria
Pumpkin Spice Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes
- Gooey Pumpkin Oat Bars
- Best Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Crumb Loaf Cake
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Butter
- Mini Pumpkin Sweet Rolls
Looking for more Mule Recipes? I've got a bunch. Can you tell that this is one of my favorite classic cocktails to make?
Flavored Mule Recipes
- 2-4 oz vanilla vodka (or traditional vodka for a less-sweet cocktail)
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin puree plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- squeeze of lime
- spicy ginger beer (such as Fever Tree)
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice shake together vodka, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and lime juice.
- Pour into a copper mule mug filled with ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and serve.
You can substitute vanilla vodka for plain vodka if you want a less sweet version.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 1g