I just love maple flavored anything so a cocktail with real maple syrup is my cup of tea...or bourbon in this case! Served hot or cold one thing's for sure; this Bourbon Maple Apple Cider will warm you all the way through.
Bourbon Maple Apple Cider Cocktail
This boozy Apple Cider is perfect for Halloween or even Thanksgiving celebrations. If you prefer your cocktail warm, simply heat up the cider and skip the whole shaken over ice bit. Stir in the bourbon, lemon, and maple syrup and serve in a heatproof mug. Ta, da! Hot boozy apple cider to keep you warm on a cool fall night.
Ingredients in a Bourbon Apple Cider
- Bourbon - use your favorite bourbon! We like Makers Mark, Bulleit Bourbon or Woodford Reserve.
- Lemon juice - freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Maple syrup- this adds a subtle sweetness without being overpowering
- Apple cider - an unfiltered, spiced apple cider adds the most flavor.
- Apple slices-for garnish
This cocktail is strong, slightly sweet, and has just the right amount of spice from the Spiced Cider. I love the flavor of the Spiced Cider they sell at Trader Joe's but you could always use a plain apple cider as well.
How to Make Bourbon Apple Cider
1. Fill glasses and a cocktail shaker with ice. To shaker, add bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, and apple cider; shake vigorously.
2. Strain into glasses and garnish each with a slice of apple. Enjoy!
More Recipes for Bourbon Lovers:
- Old Fashioned Bourbon Balls
- Bourbon Brown Sugar Cake
- Bourbon Cranberry Jello
- 4 Bourbon Cocktails to Try
- Spiced Pear and Bourbon Cocktails
- Mini Bourbon Pecan Pies
- Kentucky Derby Cocktails
- 6 ounces Bourbon
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 teaspoons pure maple syrup to taste
- 1 cup spiced apple cider
- apple slices for garnish
- Fill glasses and a cocktail shaker with ice. To shaker, add bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, and apple cider; shake vigorously.
- Strain into glasses and garnish each with a slice of apple.