Spicy Orange Vitality Margaritas are refreshing, naturally sweet without being sugary, and have the perfect amount of jalapeño heat.
If you enjoy cooking with or drinking Young Living Vitality oils, you are going to love this easy cocktail recipe! When I first got started with essential oils, the easiest way for me to start using the vitality line was through drinks.
From tea to sparkling water, and cocktails, vitality oils add so much flavor to drinks. It only takes a drop or two to add the purest flavor to any dish without the need for an extract.
This month in our private essential oils Facebook Group we are focused on all things vitality! Each week I'll be sharing a new recipe there for our members using vitality oils that they will be receiving for free with their orders. If you've ever been curious about essential oils or how I got started using them, you can read this post.
Ingredients in a Spicy Orange Margarita
- Silver Tequila - use your favorite silver tequila. I personally like the milder flavor of silver tequila for simple shaken margaritas like this because it allows the other flavors to shine.
- Cointreau - in my opinion this is the BEST orange liqueur and has a delicious fresh flavor, nothing artificial.
- Lime Juice - grab a bunch of fresh limes, you will need a good amount of juice.
- Young Living Orange Vitality Oil - this is an essential oil that is safe for ingesting and adds so much flavor to this drink.
- Jalapeño - this gives the margarita it's spice! You can add as much as you like to taste.
- Ice - this drink needs to be shaken over ice which dilutes, mixes and chills it.
Orange Salted Rim
One of the delicious things about citrus vitality oils is, you get all of the bright citrus flavor without the acid. To kick up the orange flavor in this margarita I added a few drops of oil to the salt before rimming my glasses. Just another fun way to use your vitality oils!
Tips for Making a Shaken Margarita
- Muddle - if you are planning to muddle in jalapeño, do it in the shaker first before adding the alcohol.
- Ice- Do not skimp on the ice! Fill your shaker with ice and then add more fresh ice to your margarita glass. The ice that you use to shake with the alcohol is really used just to chill and dilute. This is why shaking is important. Your cocktail will not taste the same if you skip this step.
- Shake - shake it for a good 30 seconds or more! You really want to give it some time to melt down the ice and combine all the flavors.
- Strain - strain just the margarita out into your prepared glass with fresh ice.
- No Vitality Oil? You can substitute fresh orange zest to the shaker before shaking.
- Other oils - citrus fresh vitality, tangerine vitality and grapefruit vitality are all delicious in margaritas!
- Jalapeño - feel free to leave this out if you do not like spicy cocktails.
More Margarita Recipes to Try:
- Raspberry Rose Margaritas
- Creamy Coconut Margaritas
- Jam Jar Margaritas
- Spicy Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
- Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
- Creamy Coconut Margarita
Recipes Using Young Living Vitality Oils
- 2 oz Silver Tequila
- ¾ oz Cointreau
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 drops orange vitality oil (or more to taste)
- 3 slices fresh jalapeno (for muddling)
- fresh orange and jalapeno for garnish
- kosher or cocktail salt for rim
- On a small plate combine salt and a drop or two of orange vitality, mix together to create an orange salt. Rub glass rim with lime slice and dip in salt. Fill with ice and set aside. *the amount of salt will depend in how many drinks you are making.
- In a cocktail, add sliced jalapeno and muddle well.
- Fill shaker with ice and add tequila, cointreau, lime juice and orange vitality oil.
- Cover and shake well for 30 seconds or until very well chilled.
- Strain into prepared glass and garnish with sliced jalapeno and orange slices.
3 drops of orange vitality oil is just a starting point! You can add more or less to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 725Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 14gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g