Seductive and tropical, this passion fruit mojito is swimming with fragrant flavors of passion fruit, lime and mint.
Passion Fruit Mojito Recipe
The classic mojito is such a fun cocktail to remix! Adding flavors with fresh muddled fruit, juices, and syrups can really transform this drink. Master of Mixes Passion Fruit Margarita and Daiquiri Mix add the tart, sweetness of Passion Fruit juice into this drink.
Pineapple Mojitos and even Mojitos made with Irish Whiskey instead of rum, are some of my other favorite twists on this classic.
Ingredients in a Passion Fruit Mojito
- Rum - I prefer a white rum for this recipe because it gives a clean flavor and doesn't distract from the passion fruit, lime and mint.
- Passion Fruit - Master of Mixes Passion Fruit Daiquiri and Margarita Mixer adds passion fruit juice flavor. This is a great shortcut ingredient and also takes the place of any simple syrup or sugar cane.
- Lime - fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Mint - fresh mint leaves for muddling. This is essential for that classic mojito flavor.
- Club Soda - just a splash finishes this cocktail and adds bubbles.
I love using Master of Mixes cocktail mixers because they can either be a single-step cocktail or add tons of flavor to your own mixology creation. The Passion Fruit Daiquiri and Margarita Mixer is one of my favorites because it's a blend of key lime juice and yellow passion fruit. Delish!
How to Make a Mojito
- Muddle- Start by adding fresh mint leaves and ice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle well until the mint is well broken down. If you don't have a cocktail muddler, you can use the back of a wooden spoon.
- Ice- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and add in rum, lime juice and Passion Fruit Mixer. Amounts are in the recipe card.
- Shake - Shake vigorously until ingredients are well combined and chilled before straining into an ice filled cocktail glass!
- Add Bubbles- it wouldn't be a mojito without a little fizz! Top the drink with a splash of club soda and garnish with fresh mint, lime and even fresh passion fruit if you have it.
Pro Tip: if passion fruit is ripe and in season, you can add a spoonful of pulp and seeds for more delicious flavor! Fresh passion fruit also gives the cocktail a beautiful spotted appearance.
With summer coming to a close, this Passion Fruit Mojito is the perfect cocktail to sip on while enjoying those last days of warm nights. Perfect for serving with Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos or my favorite Shrimp Salad.
More Tropical Drink Recipes:
- The Classic Mai Tai
- Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas
- Creamy Coconut Margaritas
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri
- Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
If make this mojito recipe, I'd love to hear about it! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Cheers!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Master of Mixes, a brand of products I love to use for my cocktails.
Passion Fruit Mojito
A tropical passion fruit flavored mojito cocktail
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz white rum
- 4 oz Master of Mixes Passion Fruit Daiquiri and Margarita Mixer
- 1 oz lime juice
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint leaves along with a couple of ice cubes.
- Fill shaker with more ice and add rum, lime juice, and passion fruit mixer.
- Shake vigorously until the cocktail is well chilled.
- Strain into a tall cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Add in a scoop of fresh passion fruit pulp (optional)
- Top with club soda and garnish with mint and lime.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 19gSugar: 64gProtein: 6g