This Spiced Cranberry Apple Martini is both refreshing and full of warm fall flavors with a homemade spiced syrup. Perfect for a Fall Friday when cocktails are in order, this martini is a fun drink to shake up for friends.
Originally shared October 11, 2013 and updated with new photos and an even better recipe August 2, 2023.
Spiced Cranberry Apple Martini
If you are looking for a perfect fall drink that is not only delicious and full of fall flavors, but also beautiful, this is the drink for you. Blush pink from the splash of cranberry juice this martini glows like that magical golden hour that only fall can bring.
Apple Recipes are some of my favorites this time of year and I absolutely love anything apple combined with classic fall spices like star anise, cinnamon, and clove.
The flavors of tart cranberry and sweet apple cider are both so undeniably fall and pair together beautifully in this simple martini recipe.
Spiced Cranberry Apple Martini Ingredients
- Vodka - I personally love Skyy vodka for making mixed drinks because it has a clean flavor that rivals much higher price point vodkas on the market.
- Cointreau - this orange liqueur gives a subtle citrus note to the martini which balances the cranberry nicely.
- Cranberry Juice - unsweetened cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail) works best and adds tartness to the drink, which will be sweetened with the homemade apple cider spice simple syrup.
- Apple Cider Spice Syrup - made with apple cider, sugar and spices.
- Lime - for a hint of citrus tang.
Apple Cider Spice Syrup for Cocktails
Making a homemade spiced apple syrup is easy! In a small sauce pan combine apple cider, brown sugar (or granulated sugar) and spices. Bring to a simmer cooking and stirring just until sugar dissolves.
Allow syrup to steep with the spices until completely cool before straining and chilling for cocktails.
This Apple Cider Spiced Syrup is delicious in all sorts of cocktail but would also be good used to sweeten iced tea or even lemonade! This syrup could also be used in place of the honey Frozen Apple Cider Margaritas.
How to Make Cranberry Apple Martinis
- Make the Syrup - I recommend making the syrup either a day ahead of a few hours ahead so that it has proper time to steep and chill before using.
- Combine - In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients: vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, the homemade spiced apple syrup, and lime juice.
- Shake & Chill - shake really, really well until chilled. I find that metal cocktail shakers are best for this because you get a nice ice cold chill on the martini.
- Strain - strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a slice of apple.
Fall is undeniably a magical time of year and this martini fits the bill with a crisp and delicious flavor that is both familiar and comforting while also remaining crisp. The perfect martini to sip on a cool fall evening.
More Apple Cocktail Recipes:
- Frozen Honey Apple Cider Margaritas
- Poison Apple Halloween Punch
- Hard Apple Cider Sangria
- Apples & Tequila Cocktail
- Salted Caramel Apple Martini
- Bourbon Maple Apple Cider
- Apple Rum Punch
Spiced Apple Cider Syrup
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 Star Anise
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ oz cointreau
- 1 oz spiced apple syrup
- squeeze of lime juice
- Combine the cider and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add spices and bring mixture to a low simmer and cook stirring about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves and the liquid begins to thicken just slightly.
- Remove from the heat and let steep with the spices until completely cooled to the touch.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice; combine vodka, cranberry, Cointreau, apple syrup, and lime juice. Shake until thoroughly chilled, 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass and serve garnished with a slice of apple.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 839Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 177gFiber: 9gSugar: 134gProtein: 2g