If you love the flavors of Tajin, you will die for these Chili Pomegranate Margaritas. Sweet pomegranate juice shaken with tequila, lime, Cointreau and Tajin Chili Lime Seasoning makes a killer Halloween cocktail.
Chili Pomegranate Margarita
We all know that classic end scene from Beetlejuice where everyone starts dancing to “Jump in The Line” by Harry Belafonte…well let’s just say, I sing that song every time I shake up this margarita. It’s delicious and easy and just a bit creepy when poured into my Day of the Dead Glasses…which makes for the perfect Halloween Margarita. Don’t tell my Pumpkin Spice Margarita or Monster Mash Margarita that I said that.
Ingredients in a Chili Pomegranate Margarita
- Tequila – I like using Silver Tequila for this margarita.
- Cointreau – my favorite orange liqueur.
- Lime Juice -only the freshly squeezed kind.
- Pomegranate Juice – I use Pom unsweetened pomegranate juice.
- Tajin – this is a popular Mexican spice blend made with a combination of salt, chili peppers, and dehydrated lime.
- Salt – coarse salt for the rim.
- Ice – you’ll need ice for the cocktail shaker and the glass!
How to Make a Pomegranate Margarita
- Ice – fill a cocktail shaker.
- Rim – run a cut slice of lime around the rim of your cocktail glass and dip in a mixture of coarse salt and Tajin. Fill margarita glass with ice.
- Measure – measure out all of the ingredients into your ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake – shake hard for 30 seconds to really combine the ingredients and chill the cocktail. This is especially important because you need some of the ice to melt down into the alcohol otherwise it would be too strong.
- Strain – Strain the margarita into your ice filled glass.
- Garnish – garnish with a shake more of Tajin and a lime wedge.
How to Make Your Own Tajin
If you can’t find Tajin in the grocery store or you want to make your own, you can make a similar spice mix by combining:
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Chili Salt Rim
One of the most delicious ways to use Tajin is to rim cocktail glasses! When I visited Mexico last, on a trip to Tulum, I drank Tamarindo Margaritas with chili on the rim almost daily. (hey, it was vacation and it was hot.) It’s easy enough to do this at home! Simply combine coarse salt and tajin on a shallow plate. Rim glass with lime juice and then dip in the chili salt mixture.
What to Serve with Chili Pomegranate Margaritas
- My Loaded Guacamole
- Shredded Beef Tacos
- Grilled Elote Salad
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Pumpkin Chicken Enchiladas
More Halloween Cocktail Recipes:
- Halloween Old Fashioned
- Coconut White Russians
- Black Licorice Widow Martinis
- Monster Mash Margaritas
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Spicy Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
Shake! Shake! Shake! Senora. Shake it all the time. I hope you enjoy these delicious margaritas as much as I do. If you make them, I’d love for you to come back and leave a comment in the box below and share with me on Instagram @freutcake. Happy Halloween!
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1.5 oz Cointreau
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Tajin + more for the rim
- coarse salt
- On a small plate combine a few tablespoons each of coarse salt and Tajin. Run a slice of lime around the edge of a margarita glass and dip in the salt and chili mixture. Fill with ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine tequila, pomegranate juice, lime juice, Cointreau and 2 teaspoons of Tajin.
- Shake vigorously until cocktail is well chilled.
- Strain into prepared margarita glass. Garnish with a wedge of lime and more Tajin if desired.
- Serve immediately!
This site uses affiliate links in which I may earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2079mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g