Ranch Chicken shredded and full of flavor, cooked slow in the crockpot, make the best chicken tacos! This easy weeknight taco recipe is a family favorite.
Crockpot Ranch Chicken Tacos
Tacos are one of my favorite go-to meals to make for my family. They are quick and delicious and with a little help from the crockpot you can have the meat cooking all day for you. My Crockpot Shredded Beef Tacos are another favorite that take help from the crockpot.
Ingredients for Crockpot Ranch Chicken Taco
- Chicken - I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but you could use chicken thighs as well!
- Chicken Broth - use broth instead of water to add more flavor.
- Ranch Dressing Mix - the powdered package kind!
- Spices - cumin and chili powder are a great addition to the ranch seasoning.
- Tortillas - I like flour for this recipe but use whatever you like.
- Fresh Garnishes - cilantro, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa verde and lime.
How to Make Shredded Chicken Tacos
- In a crockpot combine chicken, stock, ranch dressing mix and a couple of seasonings.
- Set the crockpot to low for 5 hours, which is just enough time for the chicken to easily shred, and you will have flavorful chicken taco meat ready to serve.
- Chop up the toppings and char up a dozen flour tortillas and dinner is ready.
I interrupt this taco post to share a photo of my photography "assistant" Millie, who happens to be obsessed with my ladder and with cheese...she could take or leave the tacos. More for me!
More Weeknight Taco Recipes
- Crockpot Shredded Beef Tacos
- Corned Beef Tacos
- Mahi Mango Tacos
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Sesame Beef Tacos
- Fish Tacos with Coconut Avocado
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (powdered) ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- flour tortillas
- diced plum tomato
- sour cream
- salsa verde
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a crockpot set to low, combine chicken, chicken stock, ranch mix, cumin and chili powder. Set crockpot to low and cook for 5 hours or until chicken is tender and easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove chicken breasts to a plate and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the broth to stay warm while you prep the taco fixings.
- Toast flour tortillas over a flame to char slightly.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with shredded chicken. Top with salsa verde, sour cream, diced tomato and chopped cilantro. Serve with limes.