If you want the very best huevos rancheros in all of Pasadena, you have to visit Cafe Verde on Green Street. It's a small, totally local, restaurant that has been around as long as I can remember and the rancheros never fail to impress.
On my last visit to Cafe Verde I spotted a cocktail on the menu that sounded right up my alley. They call it the Fleur De Lis and it's essentially vodka, St Germain, lemon and basil.
That day I made a mental note to try that combination as soon as possible and today I'm sharing my take on the Cafe Verde Fleur de Lis...Freutcake style!
This drink is uber refreshing from the squeeze of fresh lemon and grapefruit juice but also sweet and floral because of the St Germain which is an elderflower liqueur. Torn and shaken basil adds another sweet note as well.
I'll definitely be making this cocktail again and again for brunch or any weekend cocktail hour. Happy Friday!
More Cocktail Recipes to Love:
- St Germain Margarita
- French Pear Martini
- Raspberry Pop Rock Margarita
- Elderflower Grapefruit Margarita
- Salty Dog Cocktail
- 1 ½ parts vodka
- ¾ parts St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- ½ part freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ part grapefruit juice
- fresh basil leaves
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine vodka, St
Germain, lemon juice and grapefruit juice.
- Tear in 3-4 fresh basil leaves (per cocktail being made).
- Shake vigorously until cocktail is well chilled.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and garnish with a couple small
A recipe for a refreshing and fruity Fleur de Lis Cocktail inspired by Cafe Verde in Pasadena, California.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g